forty three | the big bang

Start from the beginning

And– as much as she hated to admit it– a big part of her believed that she deserved every single second of misery that she was put through during the two separate occasions in which the Master had tortured her.

After all, the Master had succeeded in doing something that none had ever been able to do before during the one-thousand and five years that she'd spent as an Original vampire.

He put her through the same exact pain that she'd put many through during the long life that she had as a vampire.

He was the very form of karma that was needed to remind her that she wasn't incapable of being harmed by anyone outside of her family.

And all it took was the three years that the Master had tortured her prior to his death and the two days that he tortured her just last Christmas for Annabelle to come to realize this.

Prior to her first encounter with the Master, the only two bad things that she thought could actually harm her were her half-brother and her father.

But everything that the Master had done to her had changed that, and his choice of torturing her the way that he did only cemented her beliefs that everything that he had ever done to her was a form of karma because of her inability to control herself and keep her from killing her husband and the children the way that she did.

And it was only because of this new realization of hers that Annabelle stepped off of Rory and actually allowed him to stand back up onto his feet before she sped over towards Amy– leaving Rory to only stare after Annabelle with furrowed eyebrows as he thought back to the tears that he'd just seen rolling down the sides of her face.

Then– after letting out a sigh– he hurriedly walked after Annabelle and then eventually took it upon himself to hold Amy in his arms again, while Annabelle simply sighed to herself as she thought back on all of the terrible things that she'd done that were somewhat put back on her through the means that the Master had used to torture her after he'd daggered her and had gone out of his way to torture during the almost three years of his life that he'd held the unstable Original as his hostage.

And while she did that, a thought in the back of her head couldn't help but dampen her mood much worse than it already was as the realization had truly hit her that Amy didn't have Annabelle's blood in her system, so there wasn't a single thing that could keep Amy Pond from actually being dead like she was at that exact moment.

* * *

As he continued to hold Amy in his arms, Rory said, "So the universe ended. You missed that. In 102 AD. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice, in my case. And depending on Annabelle's age, this means that she probably won't get born, either." While Annabelle simply blinked in response to Rory's mere mention of her, Rory looked down at Amy's unmoving face as he said to her, "You would have laughed at that. Please laugh."

After looking away from her, he said, "The Doctor said the universe was huge and ridiculous, and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now."

It was then that the Doctor appeared in front of Annabelle and Rory with a mop in hand and a fez on his head before he said, "Annabelle, Rory! Listen, she's not dead. Well, she is dead, but it's not the end of the world." While Annabelle and Rory only stared up at the fez-wearing Doctor with their eyebrows furrowed, the Doctor said, "Well, it is the end of the world. Actually, it's the end of the universe."

Then he looked over at the mop that he was holding before he said, "Oh, no. Hang on."

Then he disappeared in front of them, which got Annabelle to simply blink to herself and Rory to only look around himself with furrowed eyebrows as he said, "Doctor? Doctor!"