twelve . . . "this is your fault!"

⎯⎯ chapter twelve.

WEEKS HAD PASSED AND the losers club hadn't spoke since the neibolt incident.

winnie had to wear a boot for her leg, and man, she truly hated it. she couldn't ride her bike, tumble in the grass with her sisters, and she had to take those stupid crutches with her everywhere she went.

the girl had went to stanleys bar mitzvah, seeing that only she and richie attended broke her heart.

she was upset with the way things turned out. her friends were mad at each other because of a stupid clown.

now, winnie was in her bathroom on a hot, august afternoon. her family had went out to go shopping for back to school clothes, whilst winnie stayed home due to her injury.

20 minutes prior, she had called both bev and bill, telling them to meet her at her house so they can come up with a way to get the losers back together.

winnie sat on couch, watching golden girls. then, a knock came from her door, which startled her a bit.

"hang on!" she called out, grabbing her crutches and making her way to the door when another knock sounded.

"i said hold o- bill?" she cut herself off, looking at the boy who looked frightened. "it got bev." he stated. "what?" she furrowed her eyebrows together. "IT g- g- got beverly, winnie!" he freaked.

winnie mumbled under her breath before slipping on her shoe, leaving one of her crutches at home and taking the other one with her as she got on bills bike.

bill had explained what had happened and how he found out that she was taken the whole ride to the arcade. winnie was hurt. the only girl friend she had, had been taken away from her. she knew she had to get her back before anything happened to her.

"l- l- look, you go c- c- call eddie, and- and i'll g- g- go talk to ri- ri- richie." he established, pointing at a payphone that was behind her as he ran into the arcade.

the girl hobbled over to the phone, frantically dialing eddies number in and putting the coins in the machine.

the phone had rang twice before eddie picked up.

"hello?" he asked. "eddie?" she gasped, happy to speak to her friend she hadn't interacted with in weeks. "winnie? are you okay?" he asked the girl again.

she let out a small chuckle, "yeah, yeah. i'm fine, but bev's not. it got beverly and we need you to meet us at neibolt, please." she explained, hoping that he would comply. "okay," she hear him sigh from over the phone, "i'll meet you there." "okay, love you. stay safe." she said before hanging up.

"so?" richie said from behind the girl, making her turn around to face him. "he's gonna meet us there. we have to get ben, mike, and stanley. let's go!" she ordered, hopping towards bills bike.

the three had managed to gather their friends successfully and make their way to the neibolt house.

they got there, setting down their bikes and making their way to the front lawn.

"guys, spikes." bill stated, taking spikes out of his bag. "how'd you fit those spikes in there?" winnie questioned, leaning on her crutch. bill just looked up at her and shrugged.