three . . . "i would've drowned you!"

⎯⎯ chapter three.

"that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy... and that's poison ivy." stanley informed eddie. "where? where's the poison ivy?" eddie asked.

"nowhere. not every fucking plant is poison ivy, stanley." richie fired back. winnie rolled her eyes at them as she watched bill walk into the creepy, smelly sewer.

"okay, well im starting to get itchy, now, and im sure this is not good for my--" eddie ranted. she looked up at him from her view on a rock in between a standing eddie and stanley

"do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" richie interrupted. eddie took a short pause, "sometimes, yeah." "then you probably have crabs." richie replied, walking into the sewer with bill.

"that's so not funny." eddie responded. there was silence after that, until richie ruined it when he asked stan and eddie if they were going in the sewer.

"uh-uh, thats grey water." eddie shook his frantically. "what the hell's gray water?" richie questioned.

"it's basically... piss and shit. so i'm just telling you! you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of derry pee. so..." he trailed off. she put her head in her hands.

when she had looked up, she seen richie sniffing the water. her face scrunched up in disgust, knowing that there were hundreds of diseases in the water.

"thats fucking disgusting." she muttered. "are you serious? what are you-" eddie spoke.

"doesn't smell like caca to me, señor." richie said in a horrible spanish accent.

"okay, i- i can smell that from here." eddie stammered

"it's probably just your breath wafting back into your face." richie motioned with his hands.

eddie scoffed, "have you heard of a staff infection?" the short boy question.

"oh, i'll show you a staff infection." richie smirked, turning around to pick something up. she groaned in annoyance. she just wanted to have fun, and this, was not fun.

"this is so unsanitary! you're literally... this is literally like swimming inside of a toilet bowl right now." eddie ranted.

richie turned around to throw something at eddie and winnie making them both flinch.

"what the fuck, richie! if that would've hit me, i would've drowned you in that water." she screamed.

a couple seconds later, bill finally spoke up, causing them to snap their heads towards him. "guys!" he called.

"shit. dont tell me that's..." stanley trailed off nervously. she stood up quickly, dusting her butt off.

"no. g-g-georgie wore ga-galoshes." bill confirmed. she sighed in relief.

"whose sneaker is it?" eddie questioned.

bill and richie looked inside and looked back at them.

"it's betty ripsom's." richie stated. her lips parted in shock, just like eddie and stan.

"oh god, oh fuck! i don't like this." eddie exclaimed. winnie was about to say something but richie beat her to it.

"how do you think betty feels? running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" richie joked. they all looked at him with a "what the actual fuck" look.

"what if she's still here?" stanley said, his voice cracking.

eddie and winifred turned their heads to face him.

"dont think like that, okay?" she reassured stanley, her voice soft. winnie had known stanley since fourth grade, so she knew he was a scardey cat. they were arguing and bill didn't really care.

he nodded as he sighed.

she pulled him in for a hug but that ended quickly when she had heard something about betty and georgie.

"what if i don't wanna find them." eddie spoke. they all looked at him. "i mean, no offense, bill, but i don't wanna end up like g-..." eddie cut himself off. he's so lucky he saved himself or bill would've went crazy.

"eddie..." winnie trailed off.

"i don't wanna go missing either." he said looking between she and bill.

"he has a point." stanley admitted, turning to bill.

"y-you too?" bill asked. he was hurt, winnie could tell.

"it's summer. we're supposed to be having fun. this isn't fun. this is scary and disgusting." stan defended his reasoning.

she looked up and saw bill looking at her. they had locked eyes for a few seconds, so she sent him a small, sincere smile.

"guys just because its su-" the brown skinned girl started. she had gotten cut off by a splash behind her. her head whipped around quickly to see the new kid. his name was blake? she didn't know.

he kept trying to standing up, but he continued to fall after.

"holy shit! what happened to you?!" richie exclaimed coming out of the tunnel, bill right behind him.

now, bill was right next to her and thir fingers were brushing over each other. she looked down hoping nobody would see her smile.

eddie and stan hurried over to the injured boy.

"we have to help him. come on!" eddie exclaimed.

"what are we gonna do? we don't have any fucking money." winnie shrugged. it was quiet.

"i have some money." stan spoke up.

the girl sighed and looked at bill and richie.

"alright, let's go." she had motioned.

as they were on their way to the store, there was a faint scream from behind them that winnie had heard. she wasn't sure if it was just in her head or if it was real life. she just shook it off and didn't say anything.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

-cupidshearts , c. 2023.