ten . . . "he didn't stutter once."

⎯⎯ chapter ten.

WINNIE HAD EVENTUALLY CAUGHT up to bill, hoping that he wouldn't do anything stupid.

she set down her bike next to his, walking towards him on the front porch

she put a hand on his shoulder, making him turn around to look at her.

"bill..." she trailed off. "winnie, i- i have to do this." he looked down at the ground. "i know. i know, billy. i just want you-" she got interrupted by beverly.

"bill! winnie!" she called out. "bill, you can't go in there! this is crazy!" she exclaimed.

bill turned to look at them, winnie doing the same thing. "look, you're don't have to come in with me. but what happens when another georgie goes missing? or another betty? or another ed corcoran? or one of us? are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? because i can't. i go home, and all i see is that georgie isn't there. his clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but... he isn't. so walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own." he looked down at them before turning to winnie and wiping a tear off his face.

winnie smiled, squeezing his shoulder softly as she wiped a tear off her face.

"wow." "what?" "he didn't stutter once."

the two made their way to the door, but before they could open the door, stanley called out.

"wait! um... shouldn't we have some people keep watch? you know, just in case something bad happens?" he looked around.

bill looked at his friends, "h- h- who wants to stay out here?" he asked. their hands shot up, excluding beverly. winnie rolled her eyes.

"are you guys fucking serious?" winnie looked at her friends as if she was disguted, which she was. she rolled her eyes when they all just looked at the ground. "richie, eddie, come on." she nodded towards the door. eddie cursed under his breath, quickly walking over to winnie and bill. though richie opened his mouth to protest, winnie shut him down. "now." richie cursed, stomping over to them as if he were an angry toddler.

as they walked into the house, richie spoke up, "i can't believe i pulled the short straw. you guys are lucky you're not measuring dicks."

"beep beep, richie." "shut up, richie." winnie and eddie whispered to the boy.

"i can smell it." eddie muttered. "don't breathe through your mouth." richie replied. "how come?" "because then you're eating it." he shot back.

winnie looked around, taking in the uncleanliness of the house. she then noticed richie staring blankly at the piece of paper. "what?" she and bill asked as they walked towards him.

"it... it says i'm missing." he quietly spoke. "y- y- y- you're not missing, richie." bill assured. "'police department, city of derry.' that's my shirt. that's my hair. that's my face!" richie panicked. "calm down, it's not real!" bill assured him. "that's my name! that's my age! that's the date!" he screamed.

winnie and eddie watched as the two boys fought over the paper. richie screamed as he panicked, bill attempting to calm him down. winnie walked over there and shook richie until he quieted down.