seven . . . "who's your fav boy?"

⎯⎯ chapter seven.

THEY ALL ARRIVED AT bens house, despite winnie not wanting to come. she just went in so she wouldn't be left out.

"yeah. i heard he has a roller coaster and a pet chimp and like an old guy's fucking bones. yeah." richie told eddie.

"wow!" richie exclaimed. "cool, huh?" ben asked, smiling. "no. no, nothing cool. there's nothing cool." richie replied. "shut up richie." she rolled her eyes before turning her attention to the various articles and photos plastered all over bens room.

she noticed beverly in the corner on her own, just looking at pictures. even though winifred didn't like her, she wasn't going to be rude. she thought that she might aswell become friends with her since she joined their friend group.

tapping the girl on her shoulder, beverly spun around. "i'm winnie." she stuck her hand out. beverly looked between winnie and her hand, a smile forming on her face.

"hi, winnie. i'm beverly." she smiled, connecting their hands and shaking them. the two girls smiled at each other, before turning back to the stuff on the walk as they stood next to each other.

"so, what do you like?" beverly spoke up. "um, i guess i like the outsiders." winnie shrugged. "really? i love the outsiders! who's your favorite boy?" beverly asked excitedly, turning to the girl. "dally and soda-pop, for sure." "really? i'm more of a ponyboy and johnny type of girl." beverly shrugged, winnie nodding as she was understanding her opinion.

the two girls continued to talk until the losers had decided to part their ways.

later that night as winnie tried to go to bed, her frantic little sister came running in her room as tears were streaming down her face.

winnie sat up and quickly turned on her light, looking at her sisters frantic state.

"woah, woah, woah! what's wrong cammie?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. cameron crawled into bed with her sister, sobbing into winnies shirt.

"i h-had a bad dream again! i-i was wi-with georgie an-and there was th-th-this really scary clown that was trying get us!" she sobbed, her bottom lip quivering as she looked up at her sister.

winnies heart hurt for her. cameron had lost her best friend and there was nothing winnie could do to help her get him back. he was dead and it's stuck with her.

winnie managed to calm cameron down, the small girls sobs gradually getting quieter. the thirteen year old looked down at her sister to see her fast asleep.

the girl smiled, kissing her sister's forehead.

an hour had passed and the girl still couldn't sleep, no matter how hard she tried.

she had gotten up, careful enough to not wake up her sister. winnie made her way downstairs towards the kitchen to get a glass of milk and a snack.

opening up the fridge, she heard footsteps. she looked around, trying to see who it was. "cammie? liyah?" she called out. no response. she knew it wasn't her mother, she works night shifts.

a shiver coursed through her body at a sudden breeze that rushed past her. she looked over to see her back door open.

her eyebrows furrowed in utter confusion. she crept over towards the door, to see what was going on.

when she got to the door, she noticed a boy around bills height standing there with his back facing her.

"bill?" she asked, a yawn following shortly after. he turned around, looking at her with a smile.

"h-hey." he stuttered. she stepped closer to him, "why are you here? you live a block away?" she spoke confused.

he chuckled, looking down at his slippers. "i-i wan-w-wanted to t-t-talk." he held out his hand for her to take. she smiled, happily taking his hand as they started to walk further into her backyard.

"so, what's up?" she spoke up. "i wa-was j-ju-just th-thinking abo-about you and i-i wa-w-wanted to see y-y-you." he softly spoke. winnie just hummed in response.

she contemplated on whether or not she should confess her feelings about him right now, this is the most privacy she and him could get.

"billy?" "y-yeah?" "i like you." she blurted out.

the two came to a stop, turning to look at one another.

"i-i know. i l-l-like you too." he smiled. winnie shook her head.

"no. i mean i like like you, billy. more than a friend. you've always been there for me and you're so sweet and respectful. i love when yo-" she got cut off by laughter. she furrowed her eyebrows as she looked to see the boy laughing.

"oh, sweet girl. you really think i like you? how stupid are you? first, you think i would like you back. second, you're not even attractive, you're ugly. finally, you're just a dirty, black, stupid little girl. that's what you are and that's what you'll always be." he spat. she knew it wasn't billy once the voice distorted into someone else's voice.

a tears ran down her face like crazy as she ran towards the house, the billy doppelgänger following after. she looked back and billys face was no longer head, but instead a clown with bills body chased after her.

she ran even faster into her house, making sure to lock the door behind her.

she panted and sobbed at the same time. she knew it wasn't true, but what if bill did actually think that.

what if she told him he liked her and he completely rejected her. she calmed down after twenty minutes and made her way back upstairs to her room, now seeing cameron in her room.

closing her door, she was met with the flannel that bill had given her. she rolled her eyes sadly, trudging toward her bed as slow as a snail.

all she wanted was him.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

-cupidshearts , c. 2023.