9

"In anbu you will do many things, they are not pleasant...." Sakura let the commanders speech fly by uncaring.

She was tired, aching and bruised if not a little broken and quite pissed.

Weeding. 

The word had taken on a whole knew meaning for her.

If you explained it to a normal shinobi they wouldn't think you were a real anbu, 

"The anbu weeding is supposed to be hard" they'd say if you were to describe it.

No one is quite eloquent enough to put the sheer pain into words, most omit the fact of pain all together.

No one want's to admit they mostly get their assess beat.

It's pride and sakura is no different.

There's no way anyone, least of all itty bitty 14 year old sakura haruno had expected this though.

It goes like this.

An intensive 7 week game of hide and seek across the whole of the five great nations, you can play dirty you can do whatever as long as your not killed, caught or spotted.

If your caught within the first weeks your blacklisted no chance at ever becoming anbu.

if your caught within the month your considered but almost never get picked.

if you last the full 7 weeks and make it back to Konoha?

 Your still not guaranteed a position it's cut throat and has most Konoha nin trying to kill each other lessen the competition so to speak.

Which is against the rules.

But well....it's very hard to tell who's killed someone in a survival tournament, at the end of the day it could have been enemy nin or it could have been a comrade.

The dead ones pay with there lives as one can assume.

If your caught by enemy nin?

You can't say shit.

A seal. 

Quite effective actually.

'Brilliant if a little cruel but what are humans if not cruel.'

But that's not even the end of the trials, after you've survived 7 weeks, you're then put through torture training and a psyche check.

In that order.

And it's a bit fucked, but sakura passed so she doesn't particularly care.

Even though she doesn't know where she's going to live once she's out of here.

She left on the 'day' of the exam her apartment lease due to expire in a few days.

She doesn't leave anything in the place anyways so it's no particular loss.

They don't tell you before hand you'll be gone for weeks.