Chapter 22

ANTHONY

To say she looks stunning is an understatement. The dress fits every curve perfectly, and I can finally say she is about to be my wife.

After the final vows were exchanged, she officially has my last name. "Mr. and Mrs. McCarthy everyone."

At the reception, I had several people come up to me and congratulate us. "I can't wait to meet my grandson. When is he due?"

"November."

"I am so excited for you. What name did you guys decide?"

"Atticus Anthony."

My mother smiled. "I love it."

After a long day, it felt amazing to be able to take my heels off and lay in bed. "I love you, Vic."

"I love you too."

"I am so glad to call you my wife."

"Me too."

"I can't wait to meet our son."

"A few more months."

"I can't wait. It can't come any sooner."

As Anthony fell asleep, there was one thing I was afraid of: my mother doing whatever she could to ruin our marriage.

ANTHONY

Several months later, I was in the hospital holding Vic's hand. "You've got this, baby."

She nodded. "It's not my first time."

After several hours, our son was born, and I was finally able to hold him for the first time. "He has your eyes." Vic said, smiling at me.

The doctor told Victoria she had to spend the night at the hospital and for me to pick her up in the morning. "Get some rest, babe. I'll see you in the morning."

She nodded and kissed me. "See you tomorrow."

Once I got to the house, I saw Jenna and Matt's cars in the driveway. "Who wants to hold him first?"

"Me!"

Smiling, I handed my son to Jenna. "He looks just like you."

"He definitely does."

"How does it feel to be married?"

"Great."

"Just take care of her or I'll have to kick your ass." Mia said, scowling.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of my family."

"You better."

By the time Matt and Jenna left, Atticus fell asleep and after a while, I was able to fall asleep around midnight.