[42] No More Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Okay. But are you sure-"

"Em. You've been wanting to read this. I know. I'm letting you." He said, holding up the book, "Besides I don't need it anymore."

I held the book in my hand and stared at it.

This held everything Luke has been thinking for the last 7 years. It held all his feelings about who knows what or even who.

"Okay..." I said, opening the notebook.

Here goes...

May 4,

I don't know why I started writing in this book. I didn't know how else to talk about her. Mum won't understand, Ben and Jack would just make fun of me, so this is my only option. I love her although I don't even know what is love because I'm only in Year 6.

The first time I saw her, I thought she was beautiful. Being in Year 6, I think the weirdest things are beautiful like penguins, but I won't marry a penguin.

Her name is Emily Hunter.

Yes, I know. Emily Hunter? The girl I taunted with Hannah? Yes that is absolutely true.

The first time I saw her was when I came back to school last year.

I wasn't still over the fact that Mia had disappeared and I was mad. Mad enough to pick on a pretty girl like her.

I had nothing against Emily, after all we've known each other since we were in preschool. Hannah, made me think that she was this awful person, not the Emily I once knew.

The reason I agreed to taunt her was that I would have a reason to talk to her.

Now I just think that that was a stupid and idiotic decision.

She hates me. More than anything and that's what I didn't intend to happen.

She's so pretty sunsets would be jealous. Her laugh lights up my day. I have nothing else to say but, I really like her.

Not the I like pizza kind of way. But I genuinely believe that I will marry her.

"That's adorable." I cooed, looking at Luke who was just red in embarrassment.

I turned a few pages to future dates and one of them caught my eye.

When life gives you chances you've got to use the best of it right? Well that's how I felt today.

Today, I got to drive Emily home and that was big for me.

It was a miracle that the universe gave me a chance to even have Emily in the same car as me.

Anyhow, I had one chance and one time to actually try to get to know her. I wasn't going to waste my chance.

But it was so damn hard.

She kept bickering with me and we kept arguing. I didn't make it any better by pushing her over into Miranda.

I did offer her extra clothes but she refused.

When morning came and I was awoken to a naked Miranda beside me. I was disgusted. I was mortified that Emily had seen and accused me of something I didn't do.

I didn't want to be known as a player to her, which I wasn't. Hannah and I never did anything. We weren't even close.

After all the madness, we finally were on our way home courtesy of my mum of course.