[23] Webcam Secrets

"I got a little phone call" Mrs. Hemmings said to us as she started walking to us. "Was it dad?" Luke asked, "because he's probably missing us a lot"

"Actually it was a call...from the police" my mom chuckled. "Did they say nice things?" I said with a nervous smile. "They said things but I don't think they were nice" my mom said.

"But we're both glad you enjoyed your time at the zoo" Mrs. Hemmings said, "When you two broke in" "I-We can explain" I said motioning towards Luke to say something.

Luke said, "I thought it was a great idea to spend the last few days here in New York with my good pal-" "Good pal?" I laughed. "My good pal" Luke glared at me, "Emily, at the zoo" "So how did you manage to get caught for breaking and entering?" Mrs. Hemmings asked. "We didn't even break anything" I exclaimed.

"That's where the penguins come in" Luke explained, "I thought it would be a great idea for Emily experience the greatest animal on earth because she hated them with a passion" "That is true" I interrupted.

"We went to visit the penguins in the zoo but just seeing them through a glass was just not enough!" Luke said dramatically. Our moms still had their hands on their hips and had looks of disbelief.

"The only way for Emily to have the perfect experience of penguins is to interact with them close and personal" he dramatically explained, "And that is why we were in the penguin interaction thingie"

"You had to use 'thingie' at the end of that whole explanation" I whisper-yelled. "I didn't know what it was called" He said in frustration, "I'm trying to save our asses here" "Lucas. Language" Mrs. Hemmings said.

"Lucas" I snorted. "Hey!" He said in defense. "What?" I chuckled, "It never gets old" "It just did" he said, "May" "It doesn't affect me Robert" I said, "I like my middle name"

"Okay back to the conversation on why you shouldn't be punished for almost going to jail" My mom said.

"I got to actually touch a penguin and mom it is adorable" I said. "I'm glad you experienced that Emily" she said, "but it still doesn't change the fact that you broke into a zoo just so you could love penguins"

"We never broke in" I said, "Saying that we broke in makes it sound like we're bad people" "We didn't even break anything" Luke said. "We did break the little heart of the penguin when we left" I said looking away.

"We still have to punish you two" Mrs. Hemmings said. "You two are not allowed to leave this hotel room" my mother said, "You can only leave with us" "That's a great idea Morgan" Mrs. Hemmings high-fived my mom.

"That's so weird" I whispered to Luke. "Agreed" He whispered back to me.

A couple days later, Luke and I were still stuck in the hotel room. We had nothing better to do with the lack of tv channels and our phones dying. Well mine but Luke still had ten percent left. Being the stupid people we our, we left our chargers in our mothers room and has no way of getting in.

"We only have 2 days left until we go back to Australia and we've accomplished nothing in New York" Luke complained as we both laid in bed and looked at the ceiling.

"I broke my ankle, went ice skating and broke into a penguins habitat and hugged a penguin" I said, "We've accomplished enough" "So do you love penguins now?" Luke asked me.

"Truth is I actually loved penguins" I said. "Are you kidding me?" Luke said, "You said you didn't" "There's something called 'lying' Lucas" I said. "Why would you lie about loving penguins?" He asked.

"In 7th grade we did a project on animals right?" I explained. "Yeah so?" He said. "I wanted to pick penguins but no they had to be your favourite animal of all time" I said. "Is that why? You could've just, I don't know tell me?" He said, "Geez you get mad at little things"