[37] Mistakes

Emily

"Hey Michael." I mumbled, pulling the blanket over my head. I turned to the side and laid down facing the ceiling as I listened.

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" He asked worried, "You seem kind of off."

"All I said was 'Hey Michael'" I said imitating the way I did before. "It's the way you said it, 'Hey Michael'" he said imitating me, you sound so gloom."

"What are you talking about? I'm fine." I reassured him, "I just needed someone to talk to, that's all."

To be honest, I wasn't fine. I was heartbroken and confused. I needed somebody to talk to, but at the same time I didn't.

"C'mon Em, I know you. You're not fine." He argued, "Whenever you say you're fine, you're not."

"Seriously. I'm fine Mike." I snapped and I could even imagine him smirking because he was right. I sighed realizing he was right, "Okay I'm not."

"Is it about Luke?" He asked and I scoffed at his name.

"So it is about Luke?" He said surely.

"He's who I need to talk to you about, yeah." I sighed.

What happened?" He asked, "Wait no save it, I'll come over-"

"Actually can I come over to your house? I don't really want to see him right now." I said, "He might come home soon."

"Sure Em, I'll see you." He confirmed.

"I'll be there in 5."

I hung up the phone and jumped off my bed to go straight to Michael's house.

This is what I needed, some time away from Luke. Why not spend it with one of my best friends? Plus, I haven't spent enough time with him.

I took my black and red flannel and walked down the stairs to see Liz sitting in the kitchen sipping from a mug.

"Hey Emily." She said noticing that I was there, "Where you off to?"

"Hey Liz," I answered, "I'll be back. I'm just going to Michael's house."

"Okay." She nodded and continued to sip her drink, "Have fun."

His house was a block away which wasn't that far from mine. This is really the reason why we all became friends because we all lived so close. We could easily walk to each other's house if we ever had a problem.

First I was friends with Calum and then we met Michael at the park. He just so happened to go to the same school as us. This is also when Ashton came into the picture. He was friends with Michael and became friends with us.

We all liked the same music and everything. We were the ideal bunch, at least for us.

I jogged all the way to his house and it was very quiet that night. There was nobody out and no cars around.

I walked up the steps to his house and panted because I was that tired. I'm really out of shape.

I rang the door bell and 2 seconds later, Michael opened the door with a frown on his face.

"Hey Mike." I sighed.

"Hey Em. What's up?" He asked, referring to my problem, "What am I doing? Come on in."

He moved out of the way and I walked into his house. It felt like I haven't been here in forever. I've noticed that they've changed the paint and the furniture arrangements.

He walked up the stairs and I followed him to his room. The house was quiet so his mom and dad must've been out.

"So what's the big problem?" He asked as I sat cross legged, across from him on his bed.