Chapter 11: Bitsy Swore!

Andrew's  POV

"-Sam Clafin is hot. With or without beard." I hear her announce and for a moment it's like the old times when nothing has changed. But things have. She was her unguarded self which at first was reserved for Hazel and me. But now when she saw us, her expression sombered.

"Hazel. Andrew, you guys are here."

I don't see anger or agony. It's like she has forgotten last week. And I don't know if that's a good thing. Does she not care?

"I am sorry," Chris says and I just look blankly at her. What's happening? Wait, classic Chris. She must be being sarcastic.

"We are the ones who made stupid mistakes. Please let us apologize. Why are you sorry?" asked Hazel for all of us.

"I am not here for your apologies. The past few weeks I did some thinking and got some great insights," she turns to Justin greeting him with a smile, "And I am not upset anymore. I am over what you and Andrew it. I came here to get things off my chest because I made some mistakes as well."

Do I even know her anymore? Where's my rebel impulsive girl? Why is she saying all this mature shit? Fuck- all this time I have asked her to be more responsible, and more thoughtful, and now that she actually is, it sucks.

She takes a few steps towards Hazel and now exactly in front of her she begins, "I am sorry that I made you feel pressured not to date certain guys. I'll ensure I don't get overprotective again."

"No Chris! I need you, I need my sister. Don't be sorry for loving me. I was a bitch, am sorry forgive me!"

"Woah, Bitsy swore!" Justin exclaims, coming next to Chris, "Tina, you can be sure she really means it."

What the hell, he calls her Tina now?

"I can never stop loving you Haze, you are my backbone. But I need to step back a little. Step back for my own good."

She stops all her protest by enveloping Hazel in a tight hug. Justin tries to join when Chris elbows him away. When they withdraw, she turns in my direction. But doesn't inches a step closer.

"Just because you love someone doesn't means they feel loved by you."

Woah.

"I was a little late to realize that. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable."

And that was it. She didn't say another word but turned away and started heading towards her bike. Is that it? Will she say no more? Why is she not upset, I want her to be mad at me, yell profanities... But her going like this feels like everything is over. She's done.

"Justin, do you want a ride or not?"

"Ya hold up, am coming!" he exclaims, and then turns towards us, "Bye fellas."

At that moment I realized, Chris had freed herself. She didn't need my apologies or explanation, but instead, it was me who needed her. Her forgiveness.

I see her already steady on her bike, Justin settling behind her. I run.

"Chris, I am sorry! I was a big jerk."

She just stares ahead, not saying a word.

"Please say something. Forgive me, can we be friends again?"

"Yes. You were a jerk." she looks directly into my eyes and I have never felt more guilty. "And no, we can't go back to go where we were."

"But I thought you had forgiven me."

"I have, but that doesn't means I have forgotten everything. Now, whenever I see you I see that night. And I feel betrayal. But I know it will get better. At first, I couldn't think about anything else but that, and things have changed so much now. And it's only a matter of time till I completely get over this too. But I can't tell you when that will be nor can I promise you to go back to where we were. I owe it to myself to take the space to be completely me again, and that means being away from you."

I stand there dumbfounded as her bike roars away.

Why do I feel like I had two heartbreaks in a single days? My fucking screw-ups.

***

Q: Who saw that coming? 

I know this was a short chapter. So I'll be updating a bonus one today!

Love and Peace.

Stay Amazing,

Sania