Chapter 6: Deep Shit

Christina's POV

"Come out already, or else you'll poison the waters." shouts Justin. I don't realize how long I have been here. It's almost sunrise now. The sky was still dark when Andrew's betrayal/confession darkened my world. My first instinct was to ride with my baby. But the keys and phone were in the tent and I did an impressive stomp out that I didn't want to retreat.

Andrew called out my name and tried to catch up with me. I warned him to stay as far away from me as possible-or else I had other violent ways to keep me away. He stopped; Grace didn't meet my gaze.

"Come on, you are scaring the sea monsters." Justin yells again.

"Not now, Justin."

"You know what, it's peaceful this way. Stay in!"

How dare he tell me what I should do. I swim out to the shore that instant. A string of profanities streams out my mouth as the cold wind slaps me. I shiver as I rub my arms, sloshing away the icy cool droplets, trying to warm my skin.

"I would have offered my jacket, but I know it's too manly for your taste."

"There's nothing 'manly' or 'feminine' in clothing so shut up and pass that jacket to me." I order sitting beside him. He smirks-asshole tricked me! Twice!

"How are you even sober after all that beer?" I enquire. Despite my revulsion for Justin, I scoot a little closer, his body heat was very welcome.

"Beach sand isn't the most comfortable bed you know." he mocks, "You bitches didn't even leave me a blanket."

"Although you completely misbehaved with Haze yesterday, she was still concerned you would catch cold. So, to stop her pestering I came out with a blanket when I-" the words sink in my mouth. I am still soaking wet, but my throat suddenly goes dry.

"When what?"

"I see your ugly face drooling on the sand and I was reminded what a jerk you are so I warded off."

I wait for a comeback but he's silent. Almost so long I thought he slept.

"I heard you guys yesterday. Andrew, Grace, and you."

"You were awake!?"

"Not awake. Conscious. I could hear everything but was too drunk to react. But you stomped away so loudly, that after two hours I sobered up and look here I am!"

"Shut up idiot. I was walking on sand. My walking would have hardly made any sound."

"You are Chris. You can make anything tremble and rumble."

"Am I terrifying? So violent and repulsive that no one can love me?"

"Shush!" he orders wrapping his arms around him. I embrace the warmth. "You are fire. Like live fire. People either wanna kiss you, kill you or be you."

"Are you quoting Hunger Games?"

"Shush. The point is most people are intimidated by you. You are hella witty, ferocious, and sexy. Like a Mc'Donalds combo-a perfect package!"

"Asshole. You are comparing me to junk food?" I smile.

"Well, you are popular and so in demand." he justifies. "Any guy would be lucky to have you."

"Andy doesn't feel that way."

"Fuck Andrew. You have never let someone else's opinion define or limit you. So why now? Why let Andrew's lack of sight and screwed up judgement make you sad?"

"You are right. Guys are shit. Why would I ever let a seventeen-year-old boy ruin my day. It's my day-I'll ruin it myself!"

"No-no. That was not the message I was going for." he begins, but I cut him.