Chapter 6 - The Cure

Harry and Kaidan had been working together on the ship for months before they received the distress signal from the remote planet. They had grown close during that time, but Kaidan couldn't shake the hurt and anger he felt towards Harry for disappearing from his life years ago. He had been so devastated by Harry's sudden departure that he had thrown himself into his work, determined to forget about the man he had loved.

But when Kaidan saw Harry again, all those buried feelings came rushing back. He had tried to keep his emotions in check during the mission, but it was impossible to deny the chemistry between them. As they worked together in the lab, Kaidan found himself constantly stealing glances at Harry, studying the lines of his face and the way his hands moved. Despite the danger and the pressure of finding a cure for the virus, Kaidan felt a sense of peace when he was with Harry. It was like everything else in the universe faded away, and there were only the two of them, working together to save a planet from destruction. It wasn't until they had successfully developed a cure for the virus that Kaidan felt confident enough to tell Harry how he felt. They were alone in the lab, putting the finishing touches on the cure, when Kaidan turned to Harry and said, "I love you."

Harry looked surprised, but he didn't say anything. Kaidan continued, "I know we have a complicated history, but I want to make things right between us. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Harry's expression softened, and he took Kaidan's hand. "I love you too," he said. "I know I messed up before, but I want to make it up to you."

Kaidan was overjoyed to hear those words, but he knew that he had to be careful. Harry's mind had been wiped after the secret mission to Earth, and he didn't remember anything about their past together. Kaidan didn't want to overwhelm Harry with his feelings, but he also knew that he couldn't keep them bottled up inside. As they returned to the ship, Kaidan and Harry grew closer. They spent every spare moment together, talking and laughing and enjoying each other's company. Kaidan knew that he was falling deeper in love with Harry every day, but he didn't want to rush things. It wasn't until they were back on the ship and the danger had passed that Kaidan felt comfortable enough to tell Harry about their past. He took a deep breath and began to explain about the secret mission to Earth and how Harry's memories had been wiped. Harry was stunned by the revelation. "I had no idea," he said. "I can't believe that I forgot about you."

Kaidan could see the pain in Harry's eyes, and he knew that he had to tread carefully. "It's okay," he said softly. "I understand why it had to be done. I just wanted you to know the truth."

Harry nodded, and they sat in silence for a moment, processing everything that had been said. Then Harry turned to Kaidan and said, "I want to make things right between us. I want to be with you, Kaidan."

Kaidan's heart swelled with joy at those words. He knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Harry, but he didn't want to rush things. They had already been through so much together, and Kaidan wanted to make sure that they were both ready for a serious relationship.