| 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 |

Start from the beginning

"So his brother is the better fighter?"

"Going off of my past battles with the two, I would assume so. The two are a formidable duo and our battles would often end with them taking the princess back to her castle. The problem we have now is that Mario has no reason to trust me with his brother. I've caused him, his brother, and Peach so much trouble. Little did I know all that battling would come back to bite me in the butt."

"So Mario's scared you're gonna hurt his brother?"

"Yes. It's not like me being a tall fire breathing koopa does me any favors." I said before facepalming."I messed up really bad."

"Can't you just tell Mario you're sorry?"

"It's not that simple, Junior. Though I wish it were." I sighed.

"So if Mario won't let Luigi come back, does that mean we'll never see Luigi again?" He asked

"I'm sure he'll figure it out. I'm not sure how but, he will."

Junior took off his hat, an uneasy look forming on his face. He tightly hugged it, a few tears sliding down his face.

"I miss him papa." Junior whimpered.

"I know. I do too." I said with a frown.

"He promised me he'd come back."

"And he will." I reassured him.

I'm not sure if I was trying to convince him or myself more that Luigi would return.

"It's getting quite late. You should probably get to bed Junior."

"Alright. Can you tuck me in dad?"

"Yeah. I can." I nodded.

I took Junior up to his room. Junior grabbed a book off his bookshelf and handed it to me.

"Can you read me this book? Luigi would always read me this one." Junior said.

"I probably won't be able to read it like how he does but, I'll still read it."

Junior gave a smile, flopping down on his bed. He took off the green hat, now hugging it tightly. I read to him until he eventually fell asleep. I put the book back on the bookshelf then left out of Junior's room.

I made my way back to my room, and lied down silently to myself. My eyes traced over to the small framed picture I had of the dance sitting on my drawer.

My mind couldn't help but trace back to the night we first danced together. How from that night on everything changed so much between me and Luigi. We drew closer and closer to each other and now- It felt as if we were so far apart. It hurt not having him here with me.

I missed hearing him talk to me and ease my stressed mind. I missed holding him close to me. I missed feeling him place his hand on my face and caress my cheek with his sweet smile. That lonely feeling I fought so hard to get rid of felt like it was coming back to me. For so long I had yearned for a connection to someone, and now that I had finally got it, it was stolen right from under me.

To think that right after I got to finally tell him about how I felt about him, just for him to have to go. The thought of him not being able to come back here was one that hurt me unlike anything I had ever felt.

He was the first person to not treat me like I was some sort of monster. After everything, he still took a chance on me and befriended me and loved me for who I was. His forgiveness is something I'll never take for granted. This past month has brought me more in touch with my emotions and showed me what I truly needed.

I had everything I needed when he was here with me. I had my troops, my son, and my trusty loving advisor. What more could I ever ask for? This place has never felt more right. He wanted to be here with me as much as I wanted him here. To think that after all this time, I had someone who wanted to rule this place by my side and loved my son as much as I did.