| 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 |

Luigi's POV

It didn't take us long to get to where we were going to camp for tonight. The spot wasn't too far from the castle. Mario figured it would be best if we rested for tonight and took off in the morning, giving us the opportunity to be well rested for tomorrow.

Peach hugged herself in attempts to protect herself from the night winds. Part of me was surprised it could even get cold in Bowser's kingdom considering how warm it normally was here.

"I don't suppose we have enough wood for a fire?" Peach asked.

"I'll go out and get some. The 6 of you stay here." Mario said.

"Did you want me to go with you? We would be able to carry back more together." I offered.

"No. I want you to stay here where the toads can watch over the two of you." Mario pointed."It shouldn't take me long. I'll be right back."

We watched as Mario faded into the distance. I sighed before sitting down on one of the logs. Peach sat down beside me. Before she could say anything, two of the toads walked over to us.

"Is there anything we can do for you, princess?" One of the toads asked her.

"If you could set me and Luigi's tent up please? It would be much appreciated." She said with a graceful smile.

The toads smiled and bowed before going over with the other toads to set up our tents. She then refocused her attention on me.

"How are you holding up?" She asked.

"I'm okay, Really. I appreciate your concern, Peach, but I'm fine."

"I know something is wrong, Luigi." She said.

"Maybe, but it's not like I can do anything." I sighed.

"Did you at least want to talk about it? You always told me that talking made you feel better. Besides, you've always done that for me." She frowned.

I shrugged, not able to bring myself to speak. Her eyes then traced down to the necklace I was wearing.

"Did he give you that?" She asked, speaking low enough so the toads wouldn't hear us.

"Yeah... He did." I nodded

"It's really pretty." She said.

"It is." I said, holding it close to my chest.

"You miss him, don't you?" Peach suddenly asked me."It's okay if you do. I won't tell Mario."

I trusted Peach enough to be honest with her. I sighed and gave a small nod.

"Yeah... I do. I know it's probably hard for you to understand since he kidnapped you multiple times, but he really isn't a bad guy. He really has changed." I said.

"You know, in all my times of being kidnapped, I never got the sense that Bowser wanted to hurt me. He's always given me permission to go wherever I wanted in the castle. I just usually refused since I couldn't leave."

"He didn't want to hurt you. He just had a few issues with his kingdom and he thought having someone like you there would fix them, but he wouldn't hurt anyone. He isn't like that. Not anymore. I know he isn't perfect but this past month has changed him a lot. I spent the past month teaching him to solve his problems through communication rather than rage and violence. I mean, you saw him back there. He surrendered and let the both of us go."

"Yeah, I saw. I didn't expect him to actually keep his word on that." She admitted.

"I know he may seem scary at first, but there's good in him. He's become patient and kind. He makes me feel safe. He's just a guy who wanted to be loved and wants the best for his son, and me being there those past six weeks gave him that." I said.