Washington

I ran down the hall, I heard Steve go to his room earlier, "Steve?" I called, knocking on his door. "What's up?" He answered, I peeked in, and he was laying cross-legged on his bed. "Can me and Eddie go out of town together?" I asked, walking in, "I need a vacation, and I asked Eddie if he wanted to come," I added. 

    "Uh, yeah sure, where are you guys going?" He asked. "Somewhere in Washington, not sure, but I want to go to Washington," I answered.

     "Ok, call me, the soonest you can, and I mean as soon as you see a payphone, you are already putting a quarter in it to call me, I'm serious," He ordered. "Okay, Dad," I say sarcastically. "We will be gone tonight," I say. 

    "Ok well then I have to tell them you are on vacation again," He said. "Can you just like tell Mom, then have her tell them? I ask. "Fine, but won't she ask where you are going and who's driving?" He asked. "Tell her we are in California and tell her that me and Billy made up or something, so she thinks I'm with him. She always loved him, I have no idea why," I say. 

    "Ok, done. I love you and please be safe," He said. "I love you too, we will... Not," I said, laughing at the end. "No, you will. I know you will; if you aren't my trust is gone. So you better do your best to be safe and careful," He told me, his voice hard.

    "Ok," I said, I left the room. 

    I walked across the hall to my room. I skipped in, smiling, and Eddie met my gaze. "We can?" He asked, confused. "Yeah! I told him somewhere in Washington," I answered enthusiastically.

    "When will you be ready?" He prompted. "As soon as possible," I said rushing to my dresser. I threw open the top drawer and pulled out a lockbox, I quickly retreated to my bed and opened the box. It was full of 1's, 20's, and 50's. I had a few 2's and 100's but not that many. I had been saving since I was 5 and couldn't stop, but now I was about to spend a whole lot.

    "That is a lot of money," Eddie said. "It's honestly my life's savings but I want to use it," I explained. "Ok, that makes sense. Do you mind if I run to my house to get some stuff?" He asked, "I will come straight back when I am finished," He added.

    "Yeah, of course, go ahead," I said with a wave of my hand dismissing him. I started to count my money, I didn't realize how much I had. I had counted $3,014. When I looked up to tell Eddie, he was gone. I forgot he had left.

    I got up from my bed and packed some of my favorite outfits, then perfume, lotion, deodorant, and a towel. All of this fit into my duffle bag, nice and perfect. I took $300 from my lock box and put it in my wallet, then I threw the lock box in with my clothes. That should be enough for now.

    A/N: I am so sorry, I had lots to do this week and I didn't even get a complete part, usually these parts are around 1000+ words. Anyway, I am trying to hurry on the next one I was just trying to post this one fast.

 Anyway, I am trying to hurry on the next one I was just trying to post this one fast