T W E N T Y-T W O

Extra-long chapter because I've neglected you. I'm sorry ❤️😭

Red.

It was the only color Kirey'a could make out aside from the dark hue covering everything in sight. Red skies and red liquid. Sharp stones that punctured her skin. A hum drowning out the otherwise roaring waves in every direction. White noise.
Something was off, it felt unnatural. A dreadful feeling rained down on the woman as she desperately searched. For what, she did not know.

Her hand bled from her palm, small cuts littering the pale skin whilst her other held her stomach. Tears of red soaked her cheeks. Straining her eyes as her vision grew blurred.
"Miles!" Frantically, she called. Heavy breaths rose and fell against her chest, though her lungs continued to burn for more.
"Miles! Where are you!?" She screamed again. This time willing her legs to stand. Feet aching against the slippery rock.

Where was she? What was this?

Fire engulfed the waters, she was trapped. Unable to swim beneath the roaring flames that radiated anger with each glance she took.

"Miles!"

She screamed for once more, whipping around to stare into the sea as she dropped back down to her knees. The sudden splashing of water capturing her attention.
As her eyes searched the small waves, Neytiri soon emerged. Her arms outstretched as she reached out to Kirey'a. Mouth wide open, a multi-toned, distorted moan with the voices of each Sully member echoing from her dried lips.

Frightened, Kirey'a jerks back, pulling a hand close to her chest whilst the other attempted to muffle a sob. Ears drooping back and sad eyes stinging through the tears as she looked upon her friend.
"Neytiri?" She hesitantly spoke. Unsure whether it was really her.

The older women's yellow eyes glowed against the nightly flames. Kirey'a's reflection embedded within them. Seeing herself within her eyes. Face almost distorted and skin darker than before.

Slowly, Kirey'a reaches out for Neytiri's hand. Not understanding how any of this was happening yet yearning for her friend's motherly touch.
As she does this, Neytiri's head jerks to the side and quickly Kirey'a follows. Spotting Miles from a distance, on the other end of the rock platform. Standing tall as he too emerged from the waves. Only he would continue to step closer as Neytiri remained shoulder deep.

Something was off about her husband.

As he continued to approach the women, Kirey'a observed the fresh blood somehow covering his body from head to toe. A malevolent grin stretching pass his cheeks and a jagged blade gripped within his fingers. His eyes were dark and heavy. Locked in a hard stare toward his young bride. Chest heaving with madness. Fangs glistening against the fires light.

Fear poured itself into Kirey'a. Tears of the sea fell from her own eyes. Yet he said nothing, somehow Kirey'a knew what he had done and what he was coming for next.

Her baby.

Before she could calculate her next moves, Neytiri's hand shot outward. Her fingers wrapping viciously tight around Kirey'a's wrist. Snapping her head down at the woman, eyes wide with panic. Neytiri yanks Kirey'a beneath the waves, submerging the two into the deep ocean.

~~~

Kirey'a's eyes shot open as her body jolted upward. Quick breaths leaving her chest as she searched her surroundings. Elbows catching her from beneath whilst she tried to steady her racing thoughts.
You're fine, it was only a dream, she told herself. Easing her mind as her heavy gasps gradually slowed to a relaxed pace.