EP-2

Ofc Nunew for sure knows Zee will not simply let him go. He has to make Zee believe that, him seeing someone. He has to make Zee feel hurt severely and badly to the point that Zee won't want to see his face anymore. He has to cross the limits, only after then Zee will believe him, hate him and finally live without him. For he can not guarantee that he will stay alive or not.

Nunew's eyes got watery and his heart clenched as if someone squeezes it hard. Tears soon roll down from his puffy eyes which are the results of crying so much. Since that day, when he lied to his Hia, not only his physical condition, but also his mental health becomes worse. He could not bear it. No, he can't. He can't just take this pain anymore. His heart feels more painful rather than his body. '' I can't be this weak in front of Hia or else Hia would find out the truth'' he keeps reminding himself.

He is more worried about Hia. That Zee will become a total mess if ever he has to leave him alone. He wants Zee to be happy even after he's gone, he don't want Zee to just stay loyal to the death person, blame himself and suffer. Instead, he really hopes that Zee will find a new lover and be happy, if he is gone.
......

To put on an act, Nunew asked for help from his ex, Kal. Despite Kal being his ex, they are still friends, they broke up mutually just because they figured it out that they were not compatible to be partners. But, they could be friends. Kal is very supportive to Nunew. Even after their breakup, Kal supported and comforted Nunew during Nunew's hardest moments. In fact, they are more like best friends who can tell each other about anything rather than ''ex''. But Zee only knows ''Kal'' as Nunew's ex-bf. So, Nunew thought Kal is the best person for this whole act. It could enrage Zee, and ofc Zee will definitely buys their act. He knows Zee well.
....

Nunew dialed Kal's number,

"Hello, Kal it's been a while right?''

Hearing Nunew's weak voice, Kal was a bit worried.

''Aoww What's going on? You sound so weak. Is there anything I can help you with?'' Kal is so quick-witted, he knows Nunew well enough.

Nunew smiled over the phone. ''Yes, there is. Can u please pretend to be my new boyfriend, especially in front of Zee?''

Kal was confused and was silent for a few minutes. He doesn't get what Nunew means yet. ''Why tho? Isn't Zee ur current bf?.....By any chance, did u guys fight?'' Kal asked in a soft, worried tone which makes Nunew's emotions to outburst. He suddenly breaks down and cries while explaining the whole story to Kal, one of his trusted friends.

''Wait, New, Don't you think you should tell Zee the truth? Instead of lying?'' Kal is not trying to interfere with Nunew's decisions but that doesn't seem right in his point of view.

'' No, i can't. He would have to suffer more. It's better for him to hate me. Please Kal, help me with this. I really need ur help na?''

'' Okok I respect your decision Nu, but promised me you will undergo a surgery and get better. Take care of yourself. Please don't be too hard on urself na. I know, Nu, you'll get through this'' As much as Kal genuinely worries about Nu, there's nothing much he could do for Nunew and the only thing he could do was taking part in Nunew's plan. (pretending as a person Nu's seeing)

'' Thank you Kal.''
......

On Zee's side,

Max texted Zee when he saw a figure that looks so much like Nunew entered a café near his office with a guy. Then, he saw them holding hands and that taller guy leaned forward to kiss Nunew's forehead. ''So, Nunew was not lying to Zee'' (about dating someone) Max thought and he felt bad for Zee.

Max secretly took a photo where both of their faces (Nunew's and Kal's) are clearly in. He also sent the location so that Zee can see them for himself. And as Zee's bestfriend, he'd probably tell him to let Nunew go... what's the point of holding on someone who doesn't love you anymore?

Zee rushed to the location Max sent. It only take Zee less than 15 minutes to get there. He is literally panting but he doesn't bother to care as he is so overwhelmed woth the view he has to see. Nunew and Kal kissing on the lips and smiling dearly at each other.

Zee becomes teary, he felt completely betrayed. He clenched his teeth and tighten his grip. He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs right now. " Why did Nunew really choose to go back to his ex? Why? So does that mean that he had never loved him even once but pretended to, so that he could replace him?'' Zee's visions become blurry, he doesn't want to see them anymore, it feels like he is punched right at the chest for several times non-stop.

Zee sighed and smiled like a fool through tears while telling himself to just let go. '' You would only be making a fool out of yourself. His fiance doesn't really love you to begin with. No, maybe, never, he never once loved him(Zee)'' he thought.

He called Nunew, at least he should say a final goodbye. And part ways in a nice way. But he can't bring himself to confront Nunew, face to face. So, calling is the best option for now.

Nunew picked up after four rings. "Hello?''

Zee couldn't talk. His urge to cry is influencing him.

''Hello? P'Zee?'' Nunew repeated, he feels hurt realizing their relationship has really ended since that day from Nunew's side. He is the one who still thinks the opposite.

'' Hello Nu, umm it's nothing. I just called you to say you ''farewell'' '' His voice sounds very dry and in a husky voice.

Nunew noticed that but he's not in the place to ask anymore. He's also trying so hard not to cry, not to breakdown. It was so hard for both of them....

''Goodbye Nu. Be happy'' Zee hanged up the call after saying that.

Both of them believed this would probably be a last call they made.

From what Nunew thought, it could be a very final call because he doesn't know when he will die. And now that Zee hates him....it would be a ''yes''.
.......

Author's notes,
Hello guys 🥺 How is it? Do u enjoy it? I hope you do 😭💖 Thank you for reading this although it might be boring for you i guess? 🥺💖 See u in the next chapter.