Happy Or Not

You lay on your bed, almost lifeless, looking into the mirror that sat beside you. The person staring back at you was someone you just couldn't be happy about. You wish you could brush away the insecurities that clouded your mind, that made you feel like a failure. You knew this period of unhappiness would pass, they always did, you wished these times would go quicker — times where you were so uncertain of yourself. But one thing's for certain: that person in the mirror was you, and you couldn't be happy.

You pulled the duvet over your head, feeling a little anger, maybe hatred towards you. Your eyes welling up with hot tears, but not enough to spill over onto your pillow. You wanted Jungkook here with you. 

During these disparaging times, being with people was usually the last thing you'd want to do. But you knew he always had the right things to say. It didn't have to be much but they always made you feel a little warmer, hopeful.

You curled up into a fetal position, squeezing your eyes shut and bringing your hands up to your face — which were unusually cold. But as if the heavens answered you, the door to your apartment was opened. You heard his voice call out with a happiness you wish you had, but you were too tired to answer him, but you'd be lying if just the sound of his voice brought a little light to your dark mind.

The bedroom door opened and Jungkook's eyes fell on the heap of duvet on the bed.

"Oh no y/n, we can't have you sad again, not after I managed to make you snort orange juice yesterday because of how much you were laughing."

A reluctant smile tugged your lips at the embarrassing  memory.

"OK, happy or not here I come!" his mischievous statement made your eyes widen—just what was he planning on doing?

He fell on you.

"Ugh! The hell Jungkook I can't breath!" you said from under the covers.

Jungkook slowly peeled back the duvet to uncover your face, swiping back the static hair covering your face. His cheeky smile was on but became comforting, like hot milk (unless you're lactose intolerant).

"Bad day again, baby?" he said.

You nodded your head while pouting a little.

"Well, you're in luck," he started, his eyes bright, "I have the box set of Fantasia which I know you love, and lots of cakes and stuff."

You smile a little, leaning up to kiss his nose.

"Thank you Kook."

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" he said, stroking your hair, "anything different?"

You shook your head. "Same things as yesterday."

"Well," he moved to sit up, pulling you up with him, "I love you, for who you are, you are beautiful, and you deserve all the love I give you if not more." He said, kissing your forehead. "I know I tell you this every time you feel down, but I'm only telling the truth."

"I know," you whispered looking up and smiling at him, "and thanks to you I know I'll get through it."