Kapittel 19.4

Kapittel 19.4

Friso

"So..." Friso tried to strike up a conversation with the goddess of eternal silence, but she immediately used her divine authority to shut him up.

"Don't talk to me."

"What? It's awkward that we're just silent here and stuck in traffic," he grumbled, "Not to mention our little history," he added as he looked back at her, expecting to get an explosive reaction from her. At this moment, his only source of entertainment was his passenger princess' eruptive expressions and snarky remarks.

"You mean conflicted little history." Even though she wasn't looking at him, he could tell that she rolled her eyes at him by the thick sarcasm in her voice. "We're better off not speaking to each other Friso. I'm not in the mood to bicker right now."

"I'm not in the mood to bicker too," he replied. "I just wanna talk."

"I don't wanna talk."

"But I want to?"

"I'm not in the mood."

"Why?"

"Because I don't feel like it!" Finally, she looked at him. "I have been trying my hardest to ignore you, Friso. To not bite into your trap. I know you're in for the attention and have all the time in the world to gain it from literally almost everyone, but no, you want to get it from me.

"What for? What are you annoying me for? Is it because of what happened back then, the little history you were saying? I know you don't like me, and you've been meaning to tell it to me with the things you've been throwing around these past couple of days. But can't you do me another favor by giving me some rest?

"Because when you're fucking tired, you're soaked wet from head to toe and sitting in a luxurious car with your shoes smiling open. The very shoes your mom bought for you, using the money she spent countless sleepless nights for. When she shouldn't have. And some asshole douses it with water for fun, and even asked his friends to deluge it more, finally ruining it. You would want nothing but to mope in guilt and shame. Think of countless excuses to your mom, and how you're sorry about it when deep inside, you feel like no words can express how you're the worst person alive!

"You know what? Come, take these shoes off my feet and talk to them, they're smiling wide open anyway. Maybe you guys can make a wonderful conversation. But stay me out of it!"

Her entire blowup surprised him. He didn't expect her sudden silence tantamount to these many muses she'd been keeping in. He fully understood why she valued that footwear and she wouldn't be over it so easily, but it looked like her fuse broke because they were finally and utterly broken.

"Look, I was only trying to help."

She was bewildered at his words. "Oh really? Ever heard of offering help?" she then asked, raising a brow at him and began flailing her hands. "You could have given me a head's up first!"

"I didn't mean to ruin your shoes," he further explained. "You could have told me not to do it?"

Why was he being like this? He always ingrained in his mind that Vanessa should be the one coming back crawling back to him and kowtowing with her deepest apologies, confessing her regrets, but it seemed to be the opposite. He was remorseful for his actions, and he felt like doing what he always imagined she should be doing to him.

"When I did? I tried to get away from you but you kept following me, and even laughed when I slipped?" She immediately retorted through ground teeth like she had been waiting for this moment her entire life.