Kapittel 12

Kapittel 12

Vanessa

"I do now, Mr. Mosbey," Friso said that shocked me, and here I thought he was going to recoil and return to his original class while I could get to spend my classes peacefully unless we were classmates in my other classes. I looked over in his direction and saw displeasure on his face, his smirk was gone and changed into a frown.

"Is that so?" Mr. Mosbey asked, his face wincing. It was obvious that he didn't expect such a response from Friso.

"I just got approval from the principal, guidance counselor, and registrar today, sir," he replied, now his face smeared the same annoying smirk that I wanted to punch away earlier. "I've actually applied last week," he added, and I saw his eye twitch. I knew that mannerism. That only happened when he was lying!

"I see. Hand it over, please," Mr. Mosbey asked, his gaze unamused. My seatmate obediently did. The latter simply took out a sheet and card from his pocket and handed it over to the instructor's large, thick hand. I stared at the sheet of paper and card, he said that he applied to change schedules last week but his eye twitched, meaning he was lying. Did that mean he decided to change schedules for a day earlier this week such as today?! But that couldn't be today, right? There's a process in crucial things such as that.

All the while that Friso was strutting back to his seat, I glanced over his chair and noticed that he didn't have anything in it. Compared to most of us who had our materials sprawled in our area, Friso's table was slate clean and so was his chair. There was nothing in it, as in nothing. Nada. There was no bag, let alone a pen. I didn't dare think it'd be a habit by the students around here since they were consistent and mature so far. But of course, there'd be a rotten egg among a dozen. Hopefully, he wasn't one now since he was a competitive student in middle school.

I averted my eyes back to the front when he was coming near. Since he looked so confident with that smug look on his face as he strutted arrogantly, did that mean he was really approved to change classes? Was that even possible?!

Dread began to creep into my skin as I tapped my fingers in nervous contempt. Gosh, did this mean I would be enduring a class with his presence beside me all semester long?! Knowing how he hated me, and how he changed into someone I longer knew from years ago, there'd be a possibility that he'd torment me! Not to mention this hammering guilt in me thinking that him becoming who he was right now was a consequence of my actions.

Also, I couldn't afford distraction right now, especially since I was after high scores on my test scores. Maybe I had a way out of his wrath? Talk things out? Remembering our little reunion days ago was a kicker that I was not prepared for that yet, and I still wasn't!

Through my peripheral vision, I could see him looking at me with that very sardonic expression from earlier. I could almost roll my eyes. With the haughty way, he was acting right now, my remorse had flushed down drained, and turned into irritation. Way to ruin my already ruined morning.

Meanwhile, Mr. Mosbey inspected the sheet thoroughly, like he was going through every detail before sighing, nodding, raising his clipboard, and scribbling something on it. I raised a brow at his reaction. It seemed to me that he knew Friso was a spoiled brat who constantly had things his way, and the school was letting it be. There were a few events I witnessed where Friso made things go his way, also add what Angie had texted me nights ago. Maybe it was because of his parents' background? I heard from the twins once that his mother was a fashion designer, and his father was a business tycoon. They even said that he was featured on a television show with his father once, but I didn't ask him or search about it since he seemed to be flustered when teased about it by his peers. I think that was also the reason why he hated the spotlight. If my speculations were right, then where was the integrity this school was bragging about?!