forty one | the lodger

Start from the beginning

It was then that Annabelle opened her eyes to see that Amy was standing in front of her and holding onto one of Annabelle's hands with wide eyes.

Then Annabelle looked down at her other and saw that her other hand was shoved into Amy's chest.

After repeatedly looking between the hand that was holding onto the front of Amy's neck and the one that was shoved into Amy's chest with furrowed eyebrows, Annabelle let out a sigh before she released Amy's heart and then pulled her hand out of Amy's chest.

Then– without giving much of a warning to Amy– Annabelle bit into her wrist and shoved it into Amy's mouth, which resulted in Amy letting out a muffled yell when she found that Amy had shoved her wrist into her mouth.

It wasn't until after a few seconds had passed that Annabelle pulled her wrist out of Amy's mouth, which got Amy to let out a bit of a cough as she rubbed the front of her neck and the spot in which Annabelle's had been when she was holding her heart in her other hand.

And while Annabelle simply turned her back on Amy and started to clench her hands into fists as the realization of what had almost happened was starting to hit her, Amy shakily brought one of her hands away from her chest to see that– instead of blood– there was nothing on her fingers.

It was almost as if Annabelle had never shoved her hand into Amy's chest and grabbed onto her heart with only her hand.

There was no hole there, no blood– it was as if it had never even happened, even though Amy could specifically remember feeling Annabelle's hand in her chest.

She could even remember the pain that she felt on the front of her neck, but the bruise that was due to form on there was also gone and would never show up.

But there was nothing to show that any of it had even happened.

And it was because of this knowledge that Amy looked up from her clean hand and over at Annabelle before she asked, "What was that?" When Annabelle didn't respond to her words, Amy said to her, "Annabelle."

When she still didn't receive a response, Amy asked, "Annabelle, what was that?"

It was then that Annabelle said to her, "Walk away from me, Amelia Pond."

With a shake of her head, Amy said to her, "No, I am not going to walk away until you explain to me what had just happened." When Annabelle only sighed in response to Amy's words, Amy asked her, "What was that? You grabbed my neck, and you were holding my heart in your hand, but there's no sign of either of them even happening to begin with. So, how is that possible? How is there no hole right where you shoved your hand into me? And who's Chantho, anyway? Is this Chantho a friend of yours?"

When she only received yet another sigh from Annabelle, she said, "And you were talking about someone gloating to you about having two hearts for three years. Who was it that did that? Was it the Doctor?"

It was then that Annabelle said to her, "No, it wasn't the Doctor."

Amy asked her, "Then who was it?"

Annabelle replied, "It doesn't matter. He's long gone by now, anyway."

Then Amy asked her, "Are you sure about that? Because whoever this man is, he seems to still have some sort of an effect on you for someone that's 'long gone'."

After letting out a sigh, Annabelle said, "This was a mistake. The Doctor never should have picked me up in this damn TARDIS of his."

After seeing Annabelle start to quickly walk away from her, Amy let out a sigh before she said, "Yes, he should have." As she started to walk after Annabelle, she said, "Now, I might not know much about what happened between the two of you the last time that you saw each other before he picked you up and took you with us, but I do know that he missed you. After everything that happened with Prisoner Zero and after he showed back up to take me on many adventures in this TARDIS, one of the things that he kept talking about was just how much he needed to go back for you and get you back to traveling with him again."