forty one | the lodger

Start from the beginning

And by the time that they'd shown up in modern-day London, they were too late for much of anything.

The Master had already been elected as Prime Minister and he'd already succeeded in making Annabelle fear him far more than she'd ever feared her own parents during the eight years that they'd practically tortured her when she was only a child.

And it was because of just how much fear he'd instilled into her that– as only a mere reminder of what Amy had unintentionally given her– Annabelle's veins had come onto display and her hands had quickly clenched into fists, while the constant anger that she felt prior to the events of the year that never was had coursed through her and seemingly worsened with each passing moment that the images of the torture that the Master had inflicted upon her flashed through her mind.

And in response to seeing Annabelle become angry as quickly as she had, the most that Amy could do was frown to herself as she wondered what it was that could have gotten Annabelle to be so angry.

Then– after a moment of only eyeing her– Amy said Annabelle's name but received no response from the unstable Original.

This only had Amy's frown deepen before she carefully put a hand onto one of Annabelle's arms, which resulted in Annabelle quickly grabbing onto Amy's arm with a tight grip and staring up at Amy with a scowl on her face and a rather murderous look on her face.

As far as Amy could tell, Annabelle had apparently snapped and was going to kill her.

But what Amy didn't know was that– in her state of anger– she was seeing not her face, but the Master's face.

The very same face that she saw day in and day out during the nearly three years of her life in which she was tortured by him, including the two days that he'd spent torturing her just last Christmas.

And it was because of her belief that it was the Master whose arm that she was holding onto that she used her other hand to tightly grab onto the front of Amy's neck before she said, "If you really think that I am going to let you of all people back into my head, then you are mistaken. Because I won't. Instead, I am going to do to you what I should have done to you the moment that you had killed Chantho and rip your bloody head off."

With wide eyes, Amy grabbed onto Annabelle's hand that was holding onto her neck, as she said, "No. Annabelle, don't, please don't. Don't kill me."

But instead of hearing Amy's words, the only thing that Annabelle could hear was the sound of the Master's voice– telling her that she wouldn't dare to kill him and about how she was weak and how this weakness would keep her from killing him.

As she tightened her grip on Amy's neck, Annabelle said, "I am not weak."

In turn, Amy said to her, "No, of course you're not. You're Annabelle Mikaelson. You're an Original vampire. Of course you aren't weak. You're—"

Then Amy immediately stopped talking and let out a bit of a yell when she felt Annabelle shove one of her hands into her chest and then grab onto Amy's heart.

However, all attempts to pull Amy's heart out of her chest had suddenly stopped when Annabelle frowned to herself before she said, "You have one heart. Why do you have one heart? For nearly three years of my life, you were boasting to me about how much better you were than the humans because of your ability to have two hearts, not just one. So, why do you only have one heart?"

When she didn't receive a response, Annabelle let out a groan and squeezed her eyes shut once again.

It wasn't long afterwards that Annabelle could hear the voice of Amy say, "Annabelle."