Prompt 4 : Food

Prompt : Write a fic about an Autistic character's relationship to food
Fandom : She Ra and the Princesses of Power
Pairing(s) : Hordak/Entrapta

Entrapta had been staying up super late recently, working on various mechanical projects to help aid in recovery efforts from the war and, while Hordak was able to provide some assistance, he wanted to do more for her.

He wanted to be able to give her something beyond just what limited help he was able to give with his disabilities and so, after a short talk with Adora (who he had made an effort to grow closer with after the war since she was her daughter, in a way), he decided that food would be a good way to show his support and love while also being practical.

The thing about Entrapta was that she was very particular about her food, so he knew he had to get it right- Keeping any food he made to small, bite-sized chunks and making sure any drinks were carbonated.

So, he got to work.

Eventually, he was content with a plate of various small chunks of buns and meat and fruit (to keep a relatively balanced nutritional value in the meal, which would aid in her late night work) and a soda he bought from Sea Hawk, who for some reason had a massive storage of such things.

It was late into the night and he wondered if she was even still awake but, sure enough, upon entering her latest operating room, he found her hunched over a robot she was making to help clean up debris.

He cleared his throat and her head snapped towards him. A strand of hair came up and lifted the welding mask she had on as she looked at him curiously.

"I wanted to aid in your efforts, as I am not often much help due to my... Weaknesses" he shuddered. She opened her mouth to protest the statement but he continued before she could. "So, as compensation, I made you a meal to help you stay energized and on-point"

He lifted the tray and bottle into view and she smiled as she saw it.

"I made sure to cut the food into small pieces, though I'm sorry if-"

"It's perfect, Hordak" she told him with a warm smile. He returned the expression and set it down on her desk before sitting next to her and striking up a conversation about her latest projects as she consumed his gift to her.