Ch 6: Where we go from here

(Big thanks to @lightspeedthepup for the cover art! Please check out their work! It's amazing!)

 "This isn't a dream, right? I'm not going to suddenly wake up in my pup house..." Marshall thought to himself. The pup was still on his back in the grass, looking up at who he considered the most handsome pup in all of Adventure Bay. He could take a million tumbles, falls, and trips over himself if it meant he could always look up at that face.

"Silly pup, Come mere."

Chase leaned in to pull his friend turned boyfriend up from the grass. He felt a sudden wave of confidence from being able to express himself to Marshall and Chase took this opportunity to pull the fire pup up so fast, his snout pressed against his. Their wet noses colliding with Chase giving a sharp grin in response. Marshalls black and white coat was looking much redder suddenly.

"Ch... Chase!" He giggled.

"What? Just being friendly"

"Sure, you are mister..." Marshall grinned back.

The dalmatian couldn't help but wag his tail in delight, he started to jump around Chase, leaping and skipping along. Chase was quick to follow too, giggling along with his partner. Marshall was so happy he couldn't contain it. He took a gamble today, one he thought would for sure cost him his friendship, but it all paid off in the end. There was so much he wanted to do, so much he wanted to say to Chase. So many secret feelings and unshared fantasies he wanted to tell him. All in due time, as a new thought entered his mind. One that caused the pup to halt in his steps.

"Marshall! Wait!"

Spoke to soon as the police pup crashed right behind him. Both pups taking several tumbles forward before landing on the soft grass. Marshall having ended up on Chases back, his head laying on the top of the shepherds. The Police pup turned his head upwards.

"Hey, are you ok? Why did you stop all the sudden?"

"Chase...I just thought of something."

Chases ears flatten at the slight concern coming from Marshall's voice. He was quick to lap his tongue under his chin, a wet and slick feeling the pup appreciated greatly.

"What's up Hun?"

"What are we going to tell the others? Like, can we even be together while we work on the same team?"

"What?! I mean...I don't see the issue with it."

"With our friends yeah, I think they'd be ok with it...but what about Ryder? What will he think?"

Chase was quiet for a bit. He figured his friends would be more than supportive with their new relationship. Though, he never thought about how their leader would react. Would he be upset? They wouldn't be breaking a rule in the Paw Patrol. Not to Chases knowledge that is. He wasn't aware if there was even a specific protocol for this sort of thing in the team. Before he could contemplate this further, his ears picked up a very familiar call coming from the lookout. As if the universe had heard his concern, Ryder had called for the pups. It was close to dinner time at this point. He figured the rest were already inside waiting for them both.

"Oh, Ryder is calling us Marshall, Time for dinner."

"Oh right...guess it is about that time."

The Fire pup started to get up off his boyfriend, but Chase had other ideas.

"Uh uh, Allow me!"

"Huh? Chase what are you..."

Before he could get a word out, Chase had slowly lifted his four paws upwards pushing his body up. Carrying Marshall on his back"