Epilouge

Epilogue

Seven years later

"MARYAM, ASHLEE, PHOENIX, GET YOUR LITTLE BUTTS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!" I yelled as the little baby girl, Meghan, our newest addition to the family began crying. I looked over to her sitting in her baby chair.

They thundered down the stairs, giggling and once they made eye contact with me, they all looked guilty.

"Why does Meghan have apple sauce on her head?"

"I don't know," Maryam and Ashlee, replied at the same time.

I guess twin telepathy works...

"Phoenix?" I asked my seven-year-old boy. He didn't bother to reply.

"Fine, I guess I'll get dadd-"

"No!" Maryam and Ashlee shouted. Even Phoenix was alarmed. Thaddeus loved them but a very angry Thaddeus is a very scary sight to see.

"What happened?" I repeated, once I was met with silence, I continued, "I don't think you guys want an angry daddy on christmas, do you?

"Well," Maryam drawled out.

"Phoenix was trying to feed her and Maryam took the apple sauce and spilled it on her," Ashlee confessed.

Ah, my little angel.

"Wha-"

"Phoenix is that true?"

He nodded his head. "Phoenix and Ashlee get changed we're visiting Uncle Carter today, Maryam, stay here for a bit."

The two children left happily. I smirked at Maryam, "So, Maryam, you're going to give Meghan a bath."

"Why me!"

"Well, you did dump apple sauce all over her."

The five-year-old screamed, "I DON'T WANNA!"

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded.

"Fine, you'll stay home while we go to Uncle Carter's."

"Mommy!"

"You either help me or stay here," I spoke picking Meghan up and bringing her to a nearby bathroom.

Maryam came running after me.

***

"Carter!" I exclaimed as we arrived. Thaddeus wrapped his arm even tighter around my waist. I hugged Carter as best I could. Thaddeus had Meghan in his arms, her little body was fast asleep on his chest and she seemed so peaceful.

"UNCLE CARTER!!" the other three troublemakers came running through the door attacking him with hugs.

"Hey kiddos!" he spoke.

"Hey Rose, its been a while!" I spoke as I saw her emerge. She smiled at me and called down her children

"Jordan, Emilie, Aunt Scarlett and Uncle Thaddeus are here!" Jordan ran down the stairs as fast as he could. He was five, the same age as the twins. Emilie, however was really shy. She peeked over the balcony before her three-year-old body made its way down the stairs. I said hi to all of them and we let the kids play. I walked in the living room with Rosaline as she introduced me to their little baby, Emma.

And boy was she adorable.

"Mae! My Bae!!" Now thirteen, Mae smiled and ran towards me almost knocking me down.

"I missed you, nugget!" I said laughing.

"I missed you too, Scar," she replied.

"James can't be here today," she said sadly.

I nodded, "It's okay! We'll have loads of fun without him."

She nodded, and a small smile appeared on her face. Phoenix tugged at her, pulling her to play with him. Mae smiled and followed him. I walked over to the kitchen and looked at the house that was so familiar, yet so different. I chuckled to myself and looked at the white wood, the three claw marks were still there.

"What?" Thaddeus asked, appearing behind me.

"Isn't it funny, this is where and when it all started." I spoke quietly, my fingers tracing the marks.

"Where what all started?"

"Us."