Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Mission control reporting for duty, over," I spoke through the baby monitor that was in Thaddeus' office; he was in our room with Phoenix.

Why? Well this morning instead of being woken up by kisses and Thaddeus' arm around my waist, he pushed me out saying he needed some 'Daddy and son alone time'.

Bitch, there wouldn't be a son if it weren't for me.

"What the hell, how do you turn this thing off," Thaddeus mumbled from the other end.

"Rude! This is a very important spy mission and you need to check in with mission control every five minutes, so if something goes wrong I can make sure you're okay," I said with one breath.

What? I like playing mission control.

"Thaddeus?" I spoke. No answer.

"That motherfucker turned it off," I mumbled.

"Darling, such a nasty word shouldn't be coming out of a pretty mouth," his voice spoke. I glared at the baby monitor.

"Fuck you."

He chuckled, "Darling, you already have."

And then, I just shut the baby monitor off. Too be honest, I was expecting Phoenix's first word to be a curse word. I mean I curse like a sailor... Whoops?

I sighed and put my feet on his desk.

Love you, Thaddeus mindlinked me.

Love you too, I replied. I got up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. It was Sunday and since I enjoyed cooking, I gave the cooks Sundays off so I could cook. I pulled out two plates and made some eggs and bacon, mixing some warm milk for Phoenix. Thaddeus stomped down the stairs with our son.

He sat down and placed Phoenix on his lap. I smiled and brought out the two plates and Phoenix's milk. After we had our cute little breakfast, we all went upstairs. I changed Phoenix into a pair of overalls and a white shirt. Because he was a werewolf baby, he was growing strangely fast. It was hard for me as a mother to understand. Thaddeus picked Phoenix up.

"Let's go into town!" I squealed.

"No," Thaddeus deadpan responded.

"What? We should! I mean let's go to like a little cafe or a park," I ranted.

"No we-" Thaddeus was cut off with baby Phoenix's cries.

"Awww, little Phoenix," I said pulling him from Thaddeus' arms.

"I know Daddy's mean, very mean," I spoke kissing his little chubby cheek. Thaddeus rolled his eyes, and glared at me. Phoenix's cries quieted but still were heard.

"Fine," Thaddeus grumbled.

"Yay!" I cheered and little Phoenix giggled as our little family went out to a car.

We decided to go to the park, since the weather was abnormally nice. When we got there, Thaddeus sat on the bench, while I brought Phoenix over to the baby swing set that they had set up there. His baby smile illuminating everything. It made me smile. Thaddeus kept a watchful eye on us. I guess protective alphas will be protective alphas. 

He walked toward Phoenix and picked him up out of the seat, making a face that caused the little cutie to giggle. 

"Finally!" Thaddeus growled out. 

"He thinks I'm funny." A smirk appeared on his face. I scoffed. 

"Well, he's still a mommy's boy," I stuck my tongue out and reached for Phoenix but Thaddeus had other intentions, he lifted Phoenix up so I couldn't reach him. 

I glared at him, "What is this, Lion King? Next thing you need is some ketchup and to be standing on a cliff."

Thaddeus laughed, "Damn, Darling, I didn't know you like Disney."

"I love Disney!"

***

We finally got home and I sat Phoenix down on the couch. Quickly, I placed the DVD for the Lion King and pressed play. I sat with Phoenix on my lap as we watched the movie. 

I probably cried more than Phoenix. 

I never understood these kid's movies. They're so good but so sad at the same time, how are they even kid's movies? This doesn't even make sense. 

"Phoenix leaned his head onto my stomach and I smiled. 

"My little Simba," I muttered holding his little hand. 

I heard stomping. Very loud stomping, as a matter a fact. I didn't even smell Thaddeus, which was what scared me the most. I stood up, adjusting Phoenix in my arms. I quickly took a whiff of air and smelled blood. I ran over to a closet and opened it. Realizing that I wouldn't be able to fit in it, I carefully put Phoenix inside. 

The lights shut off, completely. I shut the closet door and scanned the room. The emergency lights were flickering probably making it much more terrifying than it actually was. I growled as I saw a figure appear. 

"Jason," I growled out. 

"Scarlett," he replied. "It's so nice to see you again."

"Well, you are on my pack's land, so seeing me is a given."

He just chuckled. "Still sarcastic I see?"

"Very," was my only reply. I was never really close with Jason. I was probably the closest with Carter. 

"Well, I have an idea for you," he spoke. I felt my wolf's anger and my eyes start to switch colors. 

"You come with me, and we leave your boys alone."

"What do you mean we?" I growled out.

He just smirked. I turned around and saw two men advancing towards me. 

"Thaddeus will kill you," I growled. 

"Oh no, he won't," Jason smirked, holding a note. 

"It's from you."

He placed it on the table. I growled and leaped for him but was stopped as a man put his arms on me. This angered my wolf and I attacked him, almost tearing him apart, but a cloth was being stuffed inside my mouth. I tried spitting it out, but I inhaled. And we all know what's on cloths that are stuffed in your mouth. 

***

I woke up in a cellar chained in sliver cuffs. I looked around. It looked like a tree cellar. There were large roots of a tree that seemed to be the center of the foundation. I tried to mindlink Thaddeus but I couldn't reach him. 

"You can't contact him, drugs do wonders," a man spoke, scaring the shit out of me. I growled looking for him. 

"Now, now, don't get angry," he scolded me. 

I took a deep breath, and took a whiff of air. I smelt a rogue.

Are you fucking kidding me?

"You see, Scarlett, I'm a rogue, which you probably noticed," he started out. 

Hell, to the yeah, I did. 

"And I ran away because I was an Omega, always taking brutality from the Alpha."

"I don't pity you and I never will," I growled out. 

The man just chuckled. 

"Oh, sweetheart," he spoke, coming out of the shadows and walking towards me. He placed his finger on my chin; I instantly flinched at the touch. 

"I don't want your pity; all I want is for you to be mine."

"Who the fuck are you?" I growled glaring at him.

"Me? Oh, I'm Adam."

"Well, Adam, if you didn't know, I already have a mate and-"

He chuckled cutting me off. "I know, Alpha Thaddeus," he interrupted me. 

"He doesn't know what you are, and neither do you."