Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Let me just tell you, waking up and not meeting the blue eyes you adore is pure and utter punishment. It's been a week and Thaddeus is still lying on the hospital bed. I sighed, running my hands through my hair. I knew that I would have to take over for Cody since he was doing the Alpha job for now. We decided that it would be today, but I don't think I'm ready. I mean what if I mess up?

Maybe it's just the eight o'clock in the morning jitters, ya know? Out of nowhere, I felt like I was going to vomit. Quickly standing up from my chair, I ran to the bathroom and vomited in the toilet. Scrunching my nose in disgust at the smell and looks of it. I continued to sit there just in case. When I was done, I flushed the toilet and washed my face. I walked back to Thaddeus' hospital room to see Cody there,

"You ready?" he asked. I nodded slightly and walked with him to the Alpha's quarters.

When we arrived, Thaddeus' scent was everywhere but that didn't shock me, since he basically lives in this office. I walked over to his desk and ran my fingers along the smooth wood of it.

"Hey Cody, can you get me some pickles?" I asked him, looking up at him.

"Pickles?"

"Yes... for some reason I'm really craving them."

"Okay..."

Cody exited, hopefully getting me pickles, even though I had never been a big fan of them, I really felt like having some. I sat down and looked through the piles of paper that I had to go through. This was going to be a long day.

***

Remind me never to make fun of Thaddeus' 'Alpha stuff' phrase again, this Alpha stuff isn't fun. I swear my hand has a cramp because of how many papers I've signed. Cody entered again with some crackers and cheese. I smiled at him and thanked him. Today, I've been having the strangest cravings—pickles, chocolate, apples, papayas, and now, cheese and crackers.

The telephone rang next to me and scared the hell out of me. With shaky hands, I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke, after clearing my throat.

"Hel- Scarlett?"

Oh, I knew that voice all too well.

"Carter?"

"Hey, Scar, you got to let me in to the territory please, I-"

"Why do you need to come into the territory?" I asked more rudely than I intended to.

"Because, I smell my mate and I think she's in your pack."

"R-Really? Well come on in" I spoke, my voice somehow seemed shocked.

"Thanks, Scar."

I hung up the phone and mindlinked with Cody informing him of my brother's arrival. Telling him to get all the girls who haven't found their mate lined up so that it wouldn't be confusing. I walked out as I heard a car roll onto the gravel. Carter exited the car and mateless girls scurried over to the line that was being formed.

"Carter," I hugged him quickly, and led him to the girls who were standing there, ogling my older brother; nothing that hadn't happened before.

"All here," Cody spoke. I nodded and looked over at Carter. He walked by every girl, looking them in the eyes. Once he finished, he looked back at me.

"S-Shes not here," Carter spoke softly. He cleared his throat before speaking more professionally.

"She's not here," and with a sad expression on his face he left. I scanned over the crowd of girls and realized that one was missing....

Rosaline.