Chapter 2

Chapter 2

No one in the car had spoken, silence filled it as we continued to drive to his pack grounds, I aimlessly stared out the window, sneaking a few glances at the cut on his left cheek, smirking to myself a bit. I started to mindlink Carter, just so he would know that I was alive and okay.

Carter? I finally mindlinked him, and a part of me was afraid he wouldn't respond.

Scar, oh my gosh, where are you? he asked worried, relief flooded through me.

I just got kidnapped from our pack and am currently sitting five inches away from the world's best killer, but besides that I'm just peachy. How's everyone else? I asked quickly hoping to change the subject, adding a hint of sarcasm because sarcasm was my strongest attack.

Mae got hurt, her ankle is broken, and Jason is fighting for his life. An involuntary gasp went past my lips as Thaddeus looked over at me.

Wait, YOU GOT FUCKING KIDNAPPED?

"Are you mindlinking some one?" Thaddeus growled inching closer to me.

"Does it even matter?" I spat back at him.

"Stop acting so childish, it gets annoying," he scolded as he leaned back in his seat. Well if he thought I was acting childish and annoying, why don't I? So, when he adjusted himself in his seat mumbling something incoherent, I opened the door and jumped out.

Once I was out of the car, I sprinted to the nearest forest and climbed up a tree. I saw Thaddeus looking for me along the forest grounds. I gulped, not being able to move. I hid between the branches.

Carter, I'm his mate, I'm Thaddeus' mate and I promise you, I rejected him but he took me anyway, I'm in a tree in the middle of the woods, outside of our territory with an angry Alpha looking for me.

And after I sent him that, Thaddeus' eyes found mine, they glared at mine and at the moment, being scared shitless, I remained up in my safe haven. I looked at all the trees around me as I felt the tree shake from his growl. I went out on a branch and jumped to the tree next to it. He continued to growl as I lifted myself onto the sturdier branch. I climbed higher and higher until he couldn't see me anymore. I heard his growl again.

Quickly jumping to the next tree, this time, the branch wasn't as sturdy as I had expected it to be. It broke as my hand attempted to wrap around it; its thick look was very deceiving. I started to fall through the trees, my head hitting every possible branch, causing me to get dizzier and dizzier. But before I felt the full force of the impact, as I waited for it, it never came. With blood trickling down the side of my face and the bruise that would probably be forming soon, adding to the splinters; my eyes sunk under the pressure, not caring about the man carrying me, as I put in one last effort to keep my eyes open and punch him in the chin, before my eyes shut on me.

I woke up, my eyes opening slowly and when I looked up, I couldn't help admiring the bruised chin above me. But with that bruised chin, came an evil Alpha. So I did what made sense, I screamed.

He frantically looked around as I took this moment to get out of his hold, but he only tightened, causing me to pound my hands on his rock hard chest, one that contained his cold heart.

"Let me go!" I growled, but you want to know what he did? This asshole just chuckled at me.

"Darling, stop embarrassing me," he said, looking down at me putting his full attention on me. My jaw dropped as I quickly reeled my hand back and slapped him across the face, he stumbled back, making it easy for me to get out of his grasp.

"Did you just slap me?" he seethed out holding his red cheek.

"Yes. Why is the big bad Alpha upset when someone hurts him?" I asked taunting him. He growled at me, once again, as I put my hands on my hips.