"D*mn him! Pass my orders. This prince must immediately pay a visit to the Palace," after delivering a low curse, Qin Yuntian headed to the inner room to change his attire. Concurrently, the other princes also received the same news. The eldest, second, and third prince took the news well as they were all princes who already had their main, formal wife's position filled and wouldn't be able to give Shen Liang that title. With them unable to marry Shen Liang in as their official wife, no matter how much they coveted Shen Liang, they had to give him up. But the other princes had reactions similar to the fifth prince's. They all expressed considerable contempt and fury at the Duke of Qingping's proposal.

"Fourth Master, the grand master sent people here with news," the last person to receive the news was Qin Yunshen, who was guarding the Empress's body in the palace. When he unraveled the note the grand master sent him, his pupils shrank inexplicably as anger and panic filled his atriums concurrently. Subconsciously, he felt abhorrently aversive towards the Duke of QIngping coveting Shen Liang. In his mind, there seems to be a strange voice that seemed to be calling out to him again and again that Shen Liang could only belong to him and be his Princess Consort. 

"Did something big happen?" Ye Tian, who was accompanying him, inquired in a low voice. He had been with Qin Yunshen for so long but it was still the first time he had seen Qin Yunshen so enraged.

"Pei Yuanxian is dying. The Duke of Qinping Manor asked for Shen Liang's hand in marriage. Although Shen Ruiting didn't agree, father emperor seemed to have been tempted," Qin Yunshen, who was kneeling in the mourning hall, lowered his head as he attempted to suppress his uncontrollable anger. 

When Ye Tian heard his words, he couldn't help but scowl, "Since the Duke of Qingping is about to die, why would he still want to marry Young Master Shen? There's no telling that before Young Master Shen even marries over, he'd be gone. Wouldn't he only be ruining the rest of boy's life?"

Shen Liang was someone they had their eyes set on for a long time and their most suitable Princess Consort candidate. If the emperor really passed the edict to have him married over to the Duke of Qingping Manor, then regardless of whether the Duke of Qingping could make it to their first wedding night, and Shen Liang could remain pure, the fourth prince's fate with Shen Liang would be over.

"This must be prevented. Personally pay a visit to the Grand Master's residence and tell him he must stop father emperor."

"Yes," aware of the urgency and seriousness of the matter, Ye Tian did not dare to delay. He rose without hesitation and left. Even after a long while passed, Qin Yunshen found himself unable to compose his boiling emotions. He didn't even know when the brazier before him went out.

Marquis Donglin Manor, Zhonglin Courtyard

"So it looks like the emperor will definitely pass the edict?" Qi Yue, the group of three couldn't rest assured and ascertained with Yaoguang after hearing him relay what conspired at the Duke of Qingping Manor. If Liangliang's marriage could be settled with this opportunity, then they wouldn't have to worry about the old madame and those people using the marquis to find someone to marry Liangliang to.

"Should be? The Master seemed quite certain," Yaoguang himself wasn't sure. After all, there was truly too many twists and turns for him to comprehend the situation well.

"Liangliang, what do you think?" It was still Fu Ying who responded the quickest and directly turned his attention over to Shen Liang, who was still playing with the child on the bed. The uncle-nephew pair had just finished their afternoon nap. Neither of them were quite willing to get up yet.

"En?" Shen Liang heard himself being called on and reflexively raised his head. He then stuffed a cotton bear into Shen You's arm with a smile: "There are too much considerations to take into account with this matter. The duke's plan is detailed and complicated, with each detail and step tying carefully into each other. It's a systematic approach that is carefully designed for the emperor. If no mishaps occur, then the edict for marriage should be passed soon."