Chapter 1: The Games Begin

"School sucks ass." A tired Y/N said as she slammed her locker closed.

Her friend Yunjin gave her a face. "You're right. Hey what do you have next?"

Y/N looked down at her literature textbook. "I have Mr. Han's class with that asshole." Her eyes narrowed in disgust just thinking about him.

Yunjin rolled her eyes. "When will you stop hating Taehyun?"

"When I want to jeez." Y/N said as she sighed. "Well I'm off, let's hope I don't rip his head off."

Yunjin waved her hand as Y/N walked off to her literature class.

It didn't take long for Y/N to make her way to the classroom. She took her seat in her usual spot as she got out her supplies.

Then her worst nightmare walked in...

Taehyun

Y/N looked up and instantly rolled her E/C orbs.

Taehyun took his seat which was assigned right next to her.

"You know there's still time to drop out of this class, then I won't have to see your ugly face anymore." Taehyun hissed dropping his bag.

"Oh can it jackass." Y/N snapped back as the teacher walked in.

"Okay everyone listen up! It's almost the end of the quarter which means it's time for group project assignments." Mr. Han said as the class erupted into a fit of awes and sighs.

"Quiet, I've chosen the groups at random, so no complaining about who you're with."

Y/N slumped back in her chair and crossed her arms. "Well this should be good."

The teacher took out a sheet of paper and began to read off the names printed on it.

"Minji and Haewon you're a group and finally Y/N and Taehyun."

"WHAT!?" Both shot up out of their seats.

Mr. Han gave them a glare. "All groups are final."

"This is bullshit!" Y/N yelled in a fit of rage.

"I can't be partners with her, she'll drop my grade in this class!"

Y/N glared at him. "Oh so you're calling me dumb?"

Taehyun turned to her. "I sure am."

"I'm gonna bust you up!"

Taehyun patted his chest. "Oh yeah? Try me!"

"Let's go!" Y/N stepped forward.

"Okay that's enough!" Mr. Han shouted as the two gave one final glare towards one another before sitting down pretty aggressively in their seats.

"I will be handing out the research topics you and your partner are assigned to do. At the end of the quarter you will present your findings." He began to hand out cream colored folders to the groups.

Y/N snatched the folder once it landed on her and Taehyun's shared desk.

"The mafia? Who the hell wants to research the mafia."

Taehyun's eyes widened as he visibly gulped.

Y/N slammed the folder back on the desk and crossed her arms again. Her eyes looked at Taehyun who was visibly nervous.

"Gosh why are you so unsettled?"

Taehyun looked at her. "None of your business."

Y/N raised a fist. "I will hurt you."