Reset

2 years later

taehyung pov

I never knew that New Zealand's summer is really good too. Probably my second favorite country to visit, aside from Hawaii and the Philippines. Uncle Park also gave me my own apartment here, where I am currently residing. To be honest, time flies surely fast here in New Zealand. Well we could never accept the fact that you know? I still get the glimpse of curiosity at times, like does he already have a girl friend? Did he managed to find a job? Did Jimin and him ended up together? Come to think about it, the truth is that I don't even have the rights to get hurt, but I still feel it.

I've never heard about him anymore.

I don't know if I was hurt about the rejections he made? or I was hurt because he was able to forget our friendship just like that. I never intend to ruin us, our friendship. But it seems like it turned out that way. I know in myself he would never accept me, yet look at me now.

Well, i admit my attention was diverted to some business stuffs here, but of course at the end of the day. I'm still longing for someone who can listen to my stories, someone i can share all weird and funny random thoughts on my mind.

These days, most of the teenagers are in a healthy relationships already. Like isn't unfair seeing them freely enjoying, finding someone who can love them, giving their whole heart?

As time pass by, I feel like i'm losing time.

I'm still young, yet what I was doing was the same routine every day. To save up for my living, eat, sleep, wake up, work, over and over again.

Is this "that life"?

Why do I feel like there's a space in my heart that I could never explain.

Only i can felt, only i can understand.

I should've been glad getting to experience this. I mean not all humans gets to go wherever they want, do whatever they want. I graduated, i already made my parents proud. I already unlocked a huge achievement in my life.

Isn't that enough?

Shouldn't that be enough?

This overthinking kills me.

Time has come and Uncle Park told me to fly back to Korea, since he's planning to look for some investors in the country, and make some partnerships to his growing business.

He told me i'll go back there but not for good.

So I'm hoping Jungkook to never show up out of nowhere and make me question my existence once again.

__________________

jungkook pov

I feel numb, like a useless egg shell.

Like i can easily break into pieces.

Regret is an understatement to what i say and act to Taehyung.

I've been cold and distant. I don't even know how was he out there. Jimin and I were somehow became great friends, he's very an outgoing person. charming, bubbly, hardworking and nice. Although, he also admit the he used to like me and was hoping to have a chance even for a bit. I immediately turned him down by saying that friendship is all I can give to him. Jimin said he expected me to say that since he knew how much I like Taehyung, and somehow it made me surprised? He did feel bad at first, but find his way to someone's heart. My friend Yoongi, the so called guy who hates gays so much but got struck by cupid unexpectedly.

I am still waiting that maybe Taehyung would reach out. But I already know he hates me so much, and there's no way he would want to talk to me, or even feel my presence.

He probably has someone too.

I can't.

I don't think i can.

I'm already a part of the huge company here in Korea. An unexpected thing and a enormously achievement that happened in my life too. I never knew that i'll be able to strive harder in life. Ever since Taehyung left, i've learned to be independent. Mom and dad was more than happy, they're glad that i have able to come this far.

All thanks to my dad who never gets tired of my childish acts back then. And insisted to make me work on his friend's company since he wants me to make a living by myself.

If the universe would give me another chance to meet Taehyung.

I promise i'll never waste that chance again.

I promise, i won't hurt him anymore.

-