A Note to the Moonlark

Third Person:

Sophie and Keefe were taking a walk on the beach at Alluveterre. Keefe became more and more like that scared boy that she had seen in Exillium. She decided to take his mind off of what was happening to his mom and the Neverseen.

"So, Keefe, I wanted to know how you're doing," Sophie paused. "With your mom?" Keefe's face turned from scared and worried, to angry.

"I'm doing just fine. My mom doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Sh-she got what she deserved."

Sophie sighed. Keefe had found out that the rumors were true, his mom was dead. The ogres had tortured her to the point that, well you know what happened.

Thoughts rushed through Sophie's head, thinking about how to make Keefe feel better, and stop him from doing anything crazy.

While walking on the beach with Keefe, her head was spinning so much that she tripped on something on the ground.

"Whoa there Foster!" Keefe half-smiled as he caught her just in time. Realizing the awkward position they were in, Sophie blushed, jumping out of his arms.

Looking down, Sophie picked up the item she had tripped on. A message in a bottle. "Hey Keefe! This is weird, isn't it?" Keefe shrugged, "I dunno."

Sophie unscrewed the lid of the bottle and read the message;

𝒯𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒶𝓇𝓀,

𝐼𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝒾𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝒮𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝑀𝒶𝓎 𝟤𝟥𝓇𝒹. 𝒲𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝑒... 𝑜𝒻 𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓊𝓈, 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝒾𝓉. 𝒰𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒸𝓇𝓎𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓁 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒.

𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹

"Are you going to show me the note or not? I thought we agreed on no secrets." Keefe crossed his arms.

"It's nothing, nothing important" Sophie said while stuffing the note in her shoulder bag.

After their walk, Sophie returned to her room in the "tree house", as Keefe called it. She took the bottle out of her bag and took out the leaping crystal. She walked to her window, set the note and bottle on her desk and held the crystal up to the light.

"I'm ready." Sophie whispered as she leaped away.