Chapter 14: Stealing

Stephen wasn't the type to steal. It just happened. One second, he was looking for Wong and then he found himself in front of the Ancient One's private collection taking out the book that had missing pages. Stephen started opening the book. He saw that he needed a necklace—The Eye of Agamotto, as it was called. Stephen went back to his room. He used astral projection to search the compound. Stephen found it. It was in a room with a globe and a bunch of doors. Stephen got up and into his wheelchair. He was careful to not make any noise.

Stephen stared at the necklace in front of him(more like above him, but whatever). It was a bit high, but Stephen managed to get it. He placed the book in his lap and opened it. Stephen put the necklace on his neck. Following the book, he opened the necklace. There was a glowing green stone in it. Then, a green ring appeared on his wrist. Stephen kept reading the book. Before he could go any further, Mordo and Wong burst into the room.

"What are you doing!" Mordo cried out. "You could've broken the space-time continuum."

"What's that?" Stephen asked.

"Didn't you read the warnings?" Wong said.

"I didn't get that far," Stephen replied.

"Give me that," Mordo said, taking the book from him. "You know, just because you have a gift for the mystic arts that doesn't mean you know everything." Stephen was about to open his mouth to speak, but a door leading to another sanctum burst open. A man came flying out and almost hit Stephen. Mordo ran to his side.

"Kaecilius," the weak sorcerer said. Immediately, Mordo understood. He laid the dying man back on the ground. Then, he looked in the sanctum through the open doors. Stephen wheeled to his side.

"What's happening?" Stephen asked.

"The beginning of a war."

Stephen could barely see anything, so he wheeled in more. However, he didn't realize he was in too far. The doors abruptly closed behind him. Stephen quickly turned around and tried to open the door, but he couldn't. He pounded on the door and was about to yell until he heard a voice. Stephen wheeled himself to a small balcony where he saw a young sorcerer floating on his knees while being punctured by magical glass things. There were 3 other people in front of him. They all had a purple circle surrounding their eyes and a red symbol on their foreheads.

"You really should've joined us. Eternal life is wonderful," the man in the middle was saying.

In the blink of an eye, Stephen saw one of the glass shards cut the head of the young boy. Stephen was in shock. He wanted to do something. But what could he do? Before he could think, he was spot on.

"Get him!" the man yelled. Immediately, Stephen turned around and started to wheel himself away. He wasn't sure what was happening. All he knew was that there was a magic man who was chasing him, and he had to run or in his case, wheel away.