Chapter 2: The Accident

Stephen paced around his expensive-looking apartment. There are huge windows looking out at a beautiful city. He is in a black suit, wearing a black tie. Stephen walked to his bedside table. He pulls open a drawer full of twenty or so watches, rotating on their display. He wonders for a moment and then picks an especially expensive-looking one. He walks out of his apartment and to his car.

Stephen drives out of his apartment building's driveway in an expensive black car. As he gets on the road, it starts to rain. His phone rings. It's Billy.

"What do you have for me Billy?" Stephen said to Billy, on the phone.

"22-year-old female with an electronic implant in her brain to control schizophrenia struck by lightning?" Billy told him.

"Send it to me," a few seconds later, Stephen's phone lit up with the documents. "Thanks, Billy," Stephen ended the call. He was putting his phone down when a car swerved and hit his. His car drove off the side of the road.

Stephen heard voices. He slowly opens his eyes. He saw Christine leaning over him.

"Stephen," Christine said. "Can you hear me?" Stephen nodded his head and started to sit up. "No! You shouldn't!" Stephen looked frantically at his arms and blanket-covered legs.

"What did they do?" he asked as his heart rate started to increase.

"Stephen," Christine said lovingly. "You were in an accident."

"What did they do!"

"They tried their best Stephen. They couldn't regain function for your legs."

"W-what do you mean?"

"You're paralyzed Stephen. These doctors tried their best. They couldn't fix it. No one could."

"I could." Stephen put his head back on the pillow. Christine looked at him solemnly. 

___________________________________________________________

Shorter than I wanted it but its fine. Next chapter will be done later.