Chapter 22: The Comments..

Lois...

The next morning, along with Andro's parents and the other couple from Florida, United States left with the visiting brothers and sisters here in the Philippines.

My grandmother's home suddenly went silent and was empty. We had been together for five days, which was enough time to develop a solid relationship, and now we all realize that we miss them all. We decided to clean and organize the entire house that day as we were feeling empty inside.

The night came and everybody was sitting at the table for dinner when I received a chat from my cousin Che and her sister Ner.

"Couz, how are you? how was your meeting with your future parents-in-law?"_ my cousin Ner chat.

"It was great! They shared a lot of things of God in our midst"_

"Nice. And you are you ready for next week?"_

"I need to"_ I told her.

"Good, good. Anyway, Che is here with me, we heard something about Andro"_

"Yes? What is that?"_

"Some of the women here are getting ready for Andro to come because they want to be with the people who will pick him up from the airport. Please be careful as rumors are circulating that they want to see whether he will change his mind after seeing them. Has he written to you lately?_

"We will talk later tonight" _ I responded to her, this is not the first I heard something like this around.

"Okay tell him these so that he will be watchful"_

"Thank you cuz"_Finishing our conversation.

"Welcome, keep us posted"_

"I will"_

Before I departed for our home, my Lola asked me to sit with her. Just the moment I sat down next to her, she asked;

"How are you? ready?"

"Wow Nay, this is the fifth time I heard this question today," I told her in amazement.

She laughed and then said in a very serious tone;

"Be prepared to hear more of it. However, I didn't call you for that; instead, I wanted to talk to you about something I personally heard when I was in Cebu" My heart began to beat so quickly as soon as I heard what she said. "The day I was there with the brethren, the daughters of sister Daisy bluntly stated that they want to be there in the airport on the day that Andro arrives, they want to test him to see if he will not change his mind about you."

"Well, Grandma, it is up to Andro if he would change his mind; it implies that he is not for me," I told my grandmother confidently.

" I agree, but stay prepared," I touched her hand while nodding and left for our house, from
there I will talk to Andro about so many things.

*********
When I arrived home, I started chatting with Andro about everything; the visit of his parents, how his father informed the whole congregation about his visit, and what I discussed with his mom, also I mentioned to him these comments I heard from my grandma and cousins, and there he got upset.

"Well, they don't know me!
I remember so well the comments of your manager on this. But be at rest, and they will see that I am not the person they thought I am"_

This is the statement that I keep in my heart while waiting for his arrival. Our first meeting.

_____________