Book 7: Remembrances

Start from the beginning

Mako: Bolin and I grew up dirt poor, so once I became a pro-bender, I wanted it all: Riches; fame; accolades. But all that changed when I met Korra and Ryu.

With a flash, the scene transitions into the flashback where Bolin introduces Ryu and Korra to Mako.

Bolin: Come on, I want you to meet my brother, Mako.

Korra: Mako? Wow, I-I heard you playing on the radio.

Mako and Ryu just had a stare down. As the camera zoomed slowly on Ryu as he raised a brow and crossed his arms.

Mako: Come on, Bolin, we're up.

Wu's chibi head appears.

Wu: Whoa! That was the first time you met? Kind of rude there, buddy! Also I sense a lot tension between you and Ryu.

Mako: You know what else is rude? Interrupting.

The heads disappear as the scene shows Korra winning her first pro-bending match by knockout.

Mako: Korra proved to be an amazing pro-bender

Cut to the Equalists kidnapping Bolin.

Mako: and a loyal friend. She helped me save Bolin when he was taken by the Equalists.

Cut to Korra knocking out the lieutenant, before switching to Korra and Mako sleeping against Naga in the park.

Mako: After going through such a crazy experience, I felt like Korra and I had a powerful connection.

As Mako and Korra stir, realizing that they are leaning on each other.

Wu: So then you smooched her real good, eh?

As they scramble away from each other.

Mako: Not exactly.

Cut to Mako running across the street into the path of Asami's moped.

Mako: Ahhhh!

She hits him, throwing him backward. As he lands in a heap in the street, Asami dismounts and rushes over to him.

Asami: Oh no! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!

Mako: How could you not see me? I mean I was ju-juuuu-

Asami takes off her helmet and lets her hair down.

Mako: I was, I-I, wow. That was...

Clears his throat as Asami helps him up; the frame freezes.

Wu: Wait. That was the first thing you said to Asami? You really gotta work on your introductions.

Mako: Hey. When you got charm like mine, you don't need introductions.

Ryu: Oh please the only charm you have is meat riding to Beifong.

Mako: How did you-

Ryu: I'm the main character, im allowed to break the fourth wall. Deuces!

The heads disappear as the shot flash-transitions to Mako and Asami at dinner.

Mako: Anywho? Hanging out with Asami was awesome. But it made things with Korra

Cut to the end of the playoff match as Mako and Korra walk to their lockers.

Mako: complicated.

Korra: So, I was thinking we should spend some time together. Look, I really like you and I think we were meant for each other.

She reels back in embarrassment, hiding her face.

Mako: Korra, I'm really sorry, but I just don't feel the same way about you.