𝟒

The girl laughed heartily. Once her laughter stopped, she looked at him and smiled.

A smile that shone brighter than all the stars in the night sky. And the boy admired her from afar, as if she were his light, a spark in the darkness, the only Sun in his world, as if she were his star.

And she was.

More than it.

She was his entire universe, his entire existence, even his life.

She was his everything.

The girl raised an eyebrow at the boy who admired her and asked with a smile. "What?"

The boy smiled back and shook his head. "Nothing. You're just beautiful," he said, not missing the sight of her pink cheeks.

She slowly approached him and stood on her tiptoes to cup his head in her hands. She kissed his nose and smiled as she said.

=÷=÷=÷=÷=

POV 3. PERSON

Kol had to blink at the memories flooding into his head. He pursed his lips and looked at himself in the mirror.

He ran his hands through the folds of his white shirt before moving to the bowtie which he straightened only to look into the dead eyes again, his eyes.

The eyes that once shone with happiness and promised eternity went out...

He forced himself to smirk and turn to his sister, Rebekah. He saw her sitting on the couch behind him, doing her nails. "Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am."

"Kol, you know you can't compel me," she replied casually. Elijah and even Finn smiled at the antics of their younger siblings. But Kol, as much as he wanted to smile or laugh, he couldn't.

"You are the most beautiful of all, my beautiful boy."

The corners of his mouth lifted slightly and his eyes watered. But before anything else could happen, Niklaus rushed into the room and his body relaxed.

However, this reaction did not go unnoticed. One set of eyes followed him and were not only curious but also confused.

Niklaus was angry about the doppelgänger that Rebekah threatened and wanted to kill. Such a classic conflict. He snorted and to his dismay Niklaus had to comment on his enthusiasm for being in the living room. "You want to tell me something, Kol?"

"Besides a few insults to you? No," he sneered as he saw the anger on his face through the mirror.

"Don't insult me in my own house!"

"Alright, I'll just go. I wonder what our beloved mom will say when she finds out you kicked her son out of the house on the day of the ball she worked so hard to prepare," Kol had already turned to face his brother and took a step forward.

Niklaus repeated his movements. "Well, she certainly won't notice your absence at the ball if I put a dagger through your heart."

Instead of taking a step back, Kol straightened and looked him straight in the eyes. "If you think your threat will scare me, you're wrong. I didn't ask any of you to remove that dagger from my dark heart. Maybe I never wanted to be freed."

"Kol-"

"Niklaus!"

Kol sneered at Niklaus as he froze and left the words unspoken in the air for his mother who had just entered the room. "Go dog, be good to our mommy."

Niklaus opened his mouth and closed it again, but before he could say anything, his mother motioned him again and he followed.

He remained silent throughout his mother's lecture, pondering his brother's behavior. He always knew that he lacked magic and that with the loss of magic he also lost a part of himself, but over a century he always resisted and didn't give up so why does he feel like he has given up?

Once he would have liked his brother to calm down and not have to deal with problems after him, but now? When he looks at him through the glass, how he avoids everyone and his eyes are empty, he does not see the defiance of the world. When he remembered his last dagger to his heart, he saw only pain, suffering and final relief in his eyes. He wanted to put him to sleep and now he knows that he would leave him for all eternity, but why?

He may have lost a part of himself along with his magic a millennium ago, but whatever happened a century ago... it destroyed him, crushed him, dealt a final blow that he no longer wants to live after.

As soon as the lecture from his mother was over, during which he just nodded absently, he said his goodbyes and started back. He reached the top of the stairs and looked down the hall only to see Kol closing the door to his room. They shared a look before they closed completely, short yet long enough for him to see the pain in his eyes.

He didn't know what had happened, but he was willing to find out what had broken his brother.

Family above all.

That's what his old friend once taught him.

=÷=÷=÷=÷=