𝟐

The sea breeze caressed their faces and made them smile. The man held the girl in his arms. He hugged her and whispered things in her ears that made her smile and laugh.

They listened to the sound of the sea and saw the moonlight. The stars shone in the sky and illuminated the floating ship.

"I wish it could be forever."

"Why shouldn't it? Me, you and the whole world."

"That sounds beautiful... and impossible."

"If you want, I'll show you how it's possible," he said softly in her ear and kissed her cheek.

=÷=÷=÷=÷=

POV 3. PERSON

Hours passed and Kol returned. He walked around, cleared his mind and arranged everything he needed.

He quietly closed the door behind him and went into the living room. The place where he discovered alcohol. He poured himself a glass of bourbon and sat down on the couch.

He sipped from the glass as the night turned into another new day. Next day. Another day. Another day. Words that played over and over in his head.

"You look terrible."

He turned to the source of the voice. His brother Nik stood in the doorway with his hands behind his back and his gaze focused on him. "I must really look terrible if you say so."

Nik shook his head at his brother. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he missed him. He went to him and asked. ''What are you doing here?"

''Me? If old age has caught up with you and you're starting to go blind, I'm sitting here drinking. Should I ask you what you're doing here?!" He asked in a slightly irritated tone.

Nik sighed and poured himself a glass of alcohol and sat next to his younger brother. "After you left, mother ordered me to talk to you when you returned."

Kol absently covered his head. "Okay, talk, then I'll throw something at you, and it will have to be enough for mother."

"Should I be worried about what you did while you were gone?" Nik asked, looking skeptically in his direction.

Kol laughed humorlessly and took a drink of bourbon. "So much faith in me, brother." He turned to him. "Are you finally happy now?"

''What?"

"I mean... you became a hybrid, you can make more and create an army, you have your family back. Isn't that all you've ever wanted and desired for the last thousand years?'' he added.

Nik understood his point, but the honest answer would be no. That's why he answered "Maybe..." because when he thinks about it, despite all that, he wasn't happy.

He snorted at his answer. "Sure." With a glass in hand, he pointed to the flames blazing in the fireplace. It was clear from his movements that he had a few glasses of alcohol and was slightly drunk. "Lie to whoever you want, but somehow you can't do it..." he laughed humorlessly and stared into the flames. "If you were happy, it would show in your eyes, true happiness cannot be hidden. You won't want to go to sleep because reality has become better than the dream. But no matter how much you wish it wouldn't end, something always happens to destroy you...''

His brother was surprised by his words. He was sure there was a deeper meaning behind it. "Brother...'' he wanted to say something, anything, but he cut him off by getting up from his seat. He took the last sip and put the glass down.

"Don't tempt me." He growled at him and started to leave. But before he left the room, he looked over his shoulder at his brother and warned him. "Don't comment on it and forget that I said before. Because if you ever talk to me about it, I will show you that I will destroy even the little you have in front of your face. And I won't care. Because I don't care about anything.'' Anymore. Because I don't care about anything anymore.

He left the room before his desire to kill could end someone's life. He slammed the door and didn't care if the bang could be heard throughout the mansion. He collapsed on the bed dressed and didn't care.

Not anymore.

=÷=÷=÷=÷=