chapter twelve: neveah meets squirrels

Start from the beginning

"No!" Riley and Maya yells at her with a glare.

Neveah raises her arms in defense, "Okay..." She trails off.

Outside of the room. Topanga turns to her husband. "No, this one's really bad."

"It'll go away." Cory nonchalantly waves then wraps his arms around his son.

"They're gonna marry each other." Auggie assures his mother with a bright smile.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah stands by her locker with Jake and Eva before class. She was up almost all night texting Riley and Maya separately as they ranted to her about the argument when she went back home.

"Veah, you look tired." Eva brings up with a worried expression. "Did you get enough sleep, last night?"

Neveah sighs and closes her locker, "No. I've been texting Riley and Maya all night."

"They're still arguing?" Eva asks, this is the first time she's seen the two fight since she came into the friend group.

Jake went to answer but was stopped by Maya's voice.

"You stood up for Lucas and not me!"

"Does that answer your question?" Neveah points to the two girls who were walking over to them.

"I'm not standing up for him." Riley throws her hands up in the air, tired about the entire thing.

"You didn't disagree with him," Maya points out, not noticing the two boys sitting by the stairs.

"Well, when you really think about it, he wasn't wrong." Riley explains to her.

"Who cares?" Maya raises her voice, Riley gives her a look. Neveah sighs and slowly walks over to them.

"Oh, right and wrong don't matter now?"

"The only thing that matters is you and me." Maya gestures between the two, "When have I ever not stood up for you?"

"When I'm wrong!" Riley tells her.

"You're always wrong!" Maya shoots back causing Riley to gasp, "Or you're always right. Who cares? I don't listen, I just stick up for you automatically just like Neveah." She nods her head at the said girl who awkwardly smiles at them.

"Oooo, chick fight!" Zay makes himself known, "Chick fight right here, ladies and gentlemen. One dollar to see shocker by the lockers." He walks over and sit by Lucas.

"Brought to you by Zay Babineaux enterprises." He crosses his legs with an amused smile.

"I'm not gonna be the cause of this." Lucas says and stands up to walk over to his boyfriend.