Chapter Thirty

BLAKE P.O.V.

“I cant do this any more” her voice broke down.

Six words that had my world shattering within seconds.

I definitely didn't expect to walk in after work to this, I knew things had changed, Alex had been pulling away ever since she came home and told me Brooke was engaged, finding Jenny in the kitchen talking about cakes and acting all friendly with her, it was only seconds before Alex had walked in Jenny threatened to tear her apart and dropped hints of having her drugged and raped.

The thought of that almost killed me.

I knew what Alex was thinking as she sat there looking over the bridal magazine, her eyes looking over the white dress on the front cover, I knew I should also be putting a ring on her finger, but I couldn't.

Not just yet anyway.

Sure she'd been overly generous with her body, throwing herself at me constantly and I enjoyed it quite a bit, hell I'm a man and who wouldn't love a beautiful woman wanting to suck you off as soon as you walked in the door.

Even though we made love I still felt as though I was loosing her, I was trying to keep her, I was buying her flowers, giving her compliments, doing everything I could to prove that I only wanted her.

My gaze went back as I stared at Alex who was standing in front of the window, staring out at the rain that was bucketing down and lightly hitting the glass, she was wearing one of my jumpers and pyjama shorts, her blonde hair tied up messily and when she turned around I felt my heart breaking into pieces, her face was red and eyes were swollen, her black mascara running down her cheeks and was on the sleeves of the jumper where she had obviously wiped her eyes.

She was the only one that mattered to me and now she was finally giving up on us.

Giving up on our future.

Meeting her in Fiji was fucking pure good luck, I couldn't describe the feeling I got when I looked into those eyes of her, those eyes filled with mischief and fun.

I wasn't even looking for a relationship, I wasn't after being tied down and then here comes Alex, drunk off her ass and laughing as she stumbled up the pathway alone, crashing into my chest had me hard instantly.

I didn't have her pegged as the type to randomly hook up in a bathroom with a stranger but I took my chance, I could see the own desire she held in her eyes as she looked up at me, the wanting and needing.

It was the same as what I felt.

Leaving her had never felt more horrible, I intended to head back home and book the first flight out, I just wanted to see her again, feel her soft lips against mine and make love to her all night long in a bed.

Coming home to see the woman I had only taken out due to my sisters constant nagging standing there, a piece of paper and a flashy rock on her ring finger, if I had a gun I would have shot her then and there.

Fucking lying and manipulative bitch, she was fucking insane.

I went through five lawyers, and they each said the same thing, I was fucked either way, well in not so many words but still I was completely fucked.

If only Lex could fully understand just how much I didn't want to go through with this, this I would gladly give this company up, but I cant, I just cant hand over a business to a woman who's obsessed with money.

My father built this up from the beginning, starting with his own savings that he had scraped together, I couldn't let a foolish woman take that away from me.