☆Gate☆

As each day went by, the more nervous you became around him.
You had to constantly remind yourself, nothing was going to happen.

"Woohyun-ah," you stopped him from leaving the room.
"Would you be okay if I go visit Daehi and my mom tomorrow?" You asked him.
Woohyun gave you a confused look.
"Why are you asking me permission to go visit your family?" He asked.
"Well, you're my," it was still a little awkward for you to say that word, "husband, so I wanted to make sure you're okay with it."
"I'm sorry I won't be able to make it tomorrow with you then," he said upsettingly.
"Please do and send them my well wishes," he smiled. You nodded and thanked him.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You held onto a basket of fruits as you stood in front of your old home You were nervous about entering the house. You never knew their next move. You took a deep breath and opened the gate, walking to the front door.

"Wow, Mom, look who's here," Daehi said, opening the door, before you could even knock.
Your stepmom peeked from the kitchen.
"Yah! You've been gone all these days," Your stepmom yelled from the kitchen.
She walked over to the front door and harshly threw the rag at you, making you close your eyes tight.
"Go scrub the floor," your stepmom ordered.
You handed her the basket of fruits.
"These are from Woohyun and me," you told her.
Daehi scoffed.
"You and Woohyun?" She rolled her eyes.
"Don't be acting like you're rich now. Are you looking down at me and Mom?" Daehi questioned.
"No, I'm not, Daehi. I would never," you tried explaining yourself.
"Darling, it's not her. I know Woohyun bought this for us, but she wanted to give herself credit, so she added her name," your stepmom added.
You knew that the more you explained yourself the more they would twist the story, so you decided to be quiet.
Your stepmom took the basket.
"Why are you standing there? Go scrub," she rolled her eyes. You closed the door and began scrubbing the kitchen floor as she asked.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
After cooking dinner for your stepmom and Daehi, it was 9PM by then.
Before leaving, your stepmom stopped you.
"Have you been paying the debts? Make sure you are paying them on time. I don't want any shark loans stopping by here," she reminded you.
"Don't worry about it. I've been paying them on time."
"Good. Now that you've married a rich man, you can get all the money you need to pay off those debts," your stepmom replied, watching a movie and eating the fruits you brought earlier.
"Don't forget that this is your real home. You should be thankful that I allowed you to live in your fairytale for a few weeks," she said.
"Thank you," you said.
"Go wherever you're going. Make sure you come back tomorrow and cook," your stepmom said.
"Actually, I came to tell you and Daehi that I will be traveling tomorrow with Woohyun," you told her.
Daehi got up from her seat, and your stepmom's eyes widened.
"WHAT?!" Daehi yelled. You closed your eyes, listening to her yell at you.
"YOU B*TCH, IS THIS HOW YOU REPAY ME AND MY MOM?" Daehi screamed.
Daehi looked at her mom.
"Mom, she's using us! You see what I told you? I knew she was going to backstab me," Daehi pointed at you. She stomped over to you, where you stood by the front door.
"Are you thinking about seducing him so he can sleep with you, huh? Do you think I don't know what you're going to do with him? You're trying to have a child with him, so you don't have to leave him," Daehi angrily said.
You looked at Daehi in disbelief.
"Daehi, why would you-----"
Before you could finish your sentence, Daehi slapped you across the face, leaving her handprint red on your right cheek.
"Daehi---," you looked at her, holding onto your cheek.
"That's what you get. Be thankful that I haven't done more. Don't you think about doing anything with him," Daehi warned before she angrily stomped to her room, slamming her door.
"Well, that's what you get," your stepmom laughed.
"Keep your distance from Woohyun," she said, before pushing you out of the house.
You stumbled on your foot, looking back at the door.
A few tears rolled down your cheeks.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"You're home late," Woohyun greeted you by the door with his arms crossed.
"I'm sorry," You apologized, taking off your shoes.
Woohyun noticed the off attitude from you. Just as you walked past Woohyun, he grabbed your arm, pulling you back.
You gave him a "what's wrong" face.
"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes softened.
You held in your tears
You nodded to his question.
Your eyes told him otherwise.
Woohyun took no chances.
He embraced you in his arms, hoping it'd comfort you as he read through your lies.
As surprised as you were, that was what you needed at the moment. You slowly lifted your arms and circled it around his shoulders. You closed your eyes and absorbed his comfort.
"Better?" Woohyun asked, still holding onto you.
"Thank you," you whispered.
Woohyun pulled away and softened his look.
"You should go to bed," he suggested, rubbing the side of your arm.
"Good night."
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Today was the day.
You double checked your bag, making sure you had everything you needed. You took one last look in the mirror, feeling more confident than yesterday. As you walked downstairs, you noticed that the house was oddly quiet; no TV playing, no water running, nothing.
"Woohyun?" You called his name.
You placed your bag by the front door next to his, searching for his presence.
You proceeded to his office room which was just across the living room down the hallway.
"Woohyun?"
No answer.
You walked to the kitchen but still no signs of him.
"Where did he go?" You whispered.
Just as you finished your question, a notification ring went through. You grabbed your new phone that was on the kitchen island. It was a message from Woohyun.
You swiped your phone unlock and clicked on his notification.