Chapter 9

Chapter 9. Is It a Bunny?

Large lotus leaved were floating on the surface, and all kinds of summer flowers were in full bloom at the edge of the lake.

Pretty…

It was such a glorious sight that I could forget the heat for a moment. As I was enjoying the scenery in a daze, there was a dark shadow over my knee.

“You highness. Shall we go see a kitty?”

Xavier lifted me up and hugged me. As I hugged Xavier’s neck, I saw something in the distance.

Hidden behind a tree…Lissandro.

For a moment, I was worried if I was too cold, but I decided to be strong again.

‘If I don’t do this, Oscar will have no place to rest, so I can’t help it!’

As I stared at Lissandro with my eyes wide open, he had a somber look on his face and hid himself.

“You’re the same today as well, Your Highness.”

When I turned my head, Xavier laughed and patted me. It was not as hot as the lake because of the shade of the green forest.

“Is it not here today?”

Xavier glanced around and went a little inside the forest.

It was then.

“Meow.”

The divine beast appeared with a cat’s cry.

“Your highness, it’s your favorite kitty. With you coming again, the kitty is coming closer.”

“Ung.”

A cat with golden fur, it’s amazing.

The divine beast walked in fearlessly, as if to recognize me, and hovered around Xavier.

“I think it’s bigger than before.”

“Kitty.”

“That’s right. The kitty got very big, right?”

Xavier lowered himself so that I could see the divine beast closely. When I reached out my hand, the cat rubbed its forehand in my hand.

“……!”

Cute!

It was bigger than before, but it was about the size of a kitten because it had just hatched.

I was suddenly curious to see the cat fall while rubbing its body for a moment.

“Oom…”

The golden-haired cat divine beast, who hatched on the day I was born, had a subtle glow.

Is it a coincidence that it showed up as if it recognized me?

It occurred to me that it might also have something to do with the ‘oracle of the Holy Empire’ that I heard briefly last time.

Well…there’s nothing I know right now.

“Oooh…”

By the way, it’s too hot.

I whined and buried my face in Xavier’s arms. Xavier wiped my sweat with a handkerchief and smiled perplexedly.

“Then shall we play over there now? Say bye to the kitty. Bye-bye~”

‘Do I have to say bye-bye?’

I didn’t want to, but Xavier smiled kindly and kept waiting for me to say bye. I had no choice but to wave at the divine beast.