chapter eleven: neveah meets pluto

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Maya returns it and gives her best friends a smile. "Me too." Riley and Neveah look at each other with smiles and locks hands with each other to leave the bakery.

Maya takes out a picture from her birthday a few months back. She took this picture of her and Riley, hugging each other with Riley kissing her cheek and a promise ring.

She didn't have enough money to buy the ring and it was quite expensive.

She wanted to give it to Riley as a promise to always love her and though they were young, she sees Riley as her partner for life. But she was too chicken to do it, in fear of Riley getting scared away from the idea of being with her in the long way.

Smiling softly, she places the two items into the box and closes it. "Hope is for suckers." She mutters and grabs the box and exits the bakery.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"C, are you ready- wow." Shawn leans against the bathroom door's frame as he looks at Carmen.

She was wearing tight, skinny ripped jeans, a black, lace bodysuit that covered her boob area with floral pattern, black blazer and clear heels. Her hair was straightened out -which took forever- and laid all the way at the end of her back. Her makeup was light, and Shawn could see glitter on her face.

Carmen softly smiles as she saw Shawn's simple outfit that mirrored hers, "Yeah, I'm finished." She responds to his first comment as she set her perfume down on the bathroom counter and walks over to slither her arms around his neck, he immediately wrapped his around her waist. "You cleaned up nice."

"Only for you." Shawn softly tells her, rubbing her sides.

Carmen's smile widens as she moves her hands to his face to rub his beard. 

"Hmmm...come on or else we're gonna be late." Carmen whispers, Shawn eyes her glossy lips, tempted to just kiss them. He leans down but groans lightly when Carmen stops him with a giggle. "I just applied to my lips."

"Just one kiss," Shawn whined but Carmen pulls away with a laugh.

"Later. You made reservations remember and we have twenty minutes to get there." Carmen says as she grabs her purse and walks out of the bathroom and room with Shawn following.

Carmen spots her kids and their partners cuddled on the couch watching a movie. "Alright, kids. We're leaving, don't stay up too late."

Neveah and Jake turn their heads to look at their mom and gasp. "You look so pretty, mom." Neveah and Jake compliments.

"Yeah, you look amazing, mama C." Lucas and Farkle adds.

Carmen smiles at them, "Thanks, babies." She walks over and gives them a hug, not wanting to ruin her gloss nor leave a mark on their faces.

Shawn grabs his keys and makes sure he had his wallet. "Okay, I got everything." He looks at his kids partners and send them a look, "You guys are a little too close." Lucas and Farkle scoots over as Neveah and Jake whines of embarrassment.

"Dad."

Carmen laughs and pats the man's chest. "Leave them alone, Shawn. Okay guys, there's some leftovers in the fridge in case you're hungry. We love you." She says as she laces her hands with Shawn's then walks to the door.

"We love you, too." Jake and Neveah call back before the door shuts and locks.

A sigh escapes Neveah's mouth as she brings Farkle back to cuddle against him. "This is the first date I've seen mom and dad have." She looks over at Jake who nods his head.

"Yeah, do you think dad will make it official again?" He asks her, playing with Lucas' fingers.

Neveah hums in thought before nodding her head, "I think so. All these years it felt like they were official but that could be because they dated before I was born. They still had that spark between them, dad just wasn't ready at the time because of his past..."

"And do you think he's ready now?" Farkle questions while playing with her curls.

Neveah looks at the door were her parents left a few minutes ago and softly smiles from yesterday's conversation between Shawn and Carmen. She looks back at the three boys and nods her head and rests her head against Farkle's chest as they all look at the TV's screen.

"Yeah, he's ready now."