Chapter 29

Wonwoo found an excuse to leave, because it was useless to stay any longer. The safety of this woman had nothing to do with him. Lisa was his elder now!

Jieun was calling the program team to ask them to keep the relevant surveillance footages. This matter could not be easily brushed past! Jungkook sat on the chair with a cold aura. He looked very difficult to approach. His assistant handed him the phone. “President Jeon! Dr. Park wants to talk to you!”

Jungkook took the phone. Park Jimin was a friend of Jungkook’s. He was the director of the hospital here. When he heard that Jungkook was in the hospital, he called to ask about it!

“You didn’t even tell me you were coming over!”

Jungkook’s tone was gentle. “I came over at the last minute. There’s something urgent.”

Jimin held the phone in his hand. “I’m in the inpatient department here! If there’s anything urgent, just tell me if you need help!”

“It’s my wife. Something happened during the recording!”

When Doctor Park heard Jungkook’s tone, he said, “Give me a few minutes! I’ll be right there!”

Looking at Lisa, who was being pushed out by the nurse, Jungkook let out a slight sigh of relief. “It’s fine now! You can continue with your work!” As he said that, he hung up the phone!

Lisa’s face looked extremely pale. She didn’t seem to have much energy left either. She looked like a bright flower that had wilted!

When she saw the man standing in front of her, Lisa was so shocked that she felt like she was in a dream. “Why are you here?”

“I can’t come?” Jungkook walked over and took the wheelchair handle from the nurse.

“No! Why are you here so fast?!” Lisa turned her head to look at him. Her movements were very fast, and Jungkook pressed on her shoulder.

“Sit properly first!” His tone was a little stiff, and Lisa felt it. She sat up straight again and turned her head to look at Jieun. Jieun shook her head lightly!

It was over. It seemed that he had seen Wonwoo after all! Lisa thought about it and quietly let the man push him into a single ward!

Jungkook personally carried her onto the hospital bed. His movements were very gentle and meticulous, but even if he didn’t speak, his displeasure was obvious!

Lisa felt that the heart-wrenching pain from earlier had passed, and she had already been cast. There was no need to stay in the hospital anymore. She said, “Actually, it’s not that serious! There’s no need to stay in the hospital. Let’s just go to my hotel!”

Jungkook helped her tuck her in. “Are you a doctor ? Lie down obediently!”

The atmosphere between the two of them was a little tense. Lisa observed the man carefully and reached out to hold his hand gently. “Are you angry?”

Jungkook let her hold him. “What do you mean?”

The man was very serious. Lisa looked up at him obediently. “I’m sorry! I don’t know why Wonwoo appeared on the show either! I had nothing to do with him since long ago! Can you believe me?”

Lisa was very eager to explain. Jungkook saw it and pulled the chair behind him closer, then sat beside her. “What else?” His tone was slightly gentler!

Lisa lowered her head and thought for a while. She couldn’t think of anything else. “Jungkook, I’m sorry! I was wrong. Don’t be angry, okay?”

Jungkook looked at her. There was some deep emotion in his eyes as he sighed. “I’m not angry. Why are you so afraid of me? Will I eat you?”

This was the first time the two of them had discussed Wonwoo openly. Lisa didn’t know what Jungkook thought about her and Wonwoo’s past, so she was afraid that Jungkook would misunderstand and that their relationship would worsen!

Hearing Jungkook’s words, Lisa was a little confused. Jungkook looked at her, “I told you before, right? If anything happens to you, you have to tell me immediately!”

He paused for a moment, “If I hadn’t rushed over, would you have taken the initiative to think of me? Did you think of asking me for help? You didn’t! I really doubt if what you said about liking me and loving me is true!”

Lisa hurriedly grabbed his hand. “Of course it’s true!”

“Then have you ever thought of relying on me?” Jungkook asked.

“I don’t want it to be Wonwoo instead of me who is by your side when you are in trouble!” Looking at Lisa’s eyes that were glistening with tears, Jungkook continued, “Have you ever thought about how worried and scared I was when I found out that you had an accident?”

Jungkook held her hand. “Is your liking just something you do alone ... is there room for me to get involved?”

Yes, Lisa’s feelings for Jungkook were very complicated after her rebirth. She was very grateful for everything that the man had done for her in her previous life and this period of time, including the tolerance and care that he had given her!