11

The next few days passed in a blur

The next few days passed in a blur. I went to my mock classes, club, and meals, and repeated until Saturday. While everyone else who has already gotten their street passes were loading the carriages to hit the town, I was dressed in a white, off shoulder, floor-length dress, layered in a brown skirt which was tied so it wouldn't slip. My torso was covered with a black corset which laced in the front, two straps across my shoulders. I carried with me my satchel, a small vial of poison which Silas left on my bed in the morning a note. Though I was dressed like a peasant, I thought I looked quite fashionable. I took my carry-on belongings and headed for the carriage, leaving Silas's note on my dresser untouched.

I hurried down the hall, with only ten minutes left to spare before we'd be considered late. Silas stopped me, spinning me around, his hand reached for my necklace but I caught it. He looked at me impressed. "Just wanted to wish you well, dear." He said, showing me an innocent smile. "Whatever, I'll get your goblet, just stay the hell out of my way."

"Your way is all I want to be in." He smirked. "Good luck, the queen is just as crazy as the king, crazier even. Tread lightly, and don't get caught." He urged. I nodded, releasing him. I continued my path to the carriage, making it there with only three minutes left to spare. I settled into the carriage with Apollo across from me. He tossed me a bag, shutting the door behind me. I tapped on the carriage twice and moments later it began to pull us forward.

I opened the bag, in it were treats of different kinds. I looked up at him, "What for?"

"You skipped dinner and breakfast. You must be hungry." He remarked. I smiled softly, pulling out one of the chocolates. I unwrapped it and popped it into my mouth, letting the chocolate melt onto my tongue. I smiled, giddily, looking out the window. The trees were only slightly browner now. "Where'd you go last night?" Apollo asked, breaking our silence. "To sleep." I jested. He rolled his eyes, giving up on the subject of conversation. I kicked my legs up on the empty seat beside him, popping more of the treats into my mouth, I'd be tired by noon with all the sugar I was consuming. "Why are you so happy today?" He asked. I hadn't noticed it until he mentioned it. A night ago I was crying in his arms, but now I was in a perpetual state of happiness. I shrugged, "Guess I slept well." He nodded, "Are you still gonna..."