11

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Peter paced his room, "I've got to come up with a plan. I need an escape route. I just need—"

"PETER PARKER!" Tony yelled down the hall leading to his bedroom,
"Why did I get a call that you skipped school? I know I saw you dressed and ready to leave this morning at breakfast."

Peter looked at the window. He could easily make it down the tower safely. He was Spider-Man. Peter was sure scaling the building would be better than facing Tony Stark angry.

"Don't even think about it." Friday warned the teenager who had grabbed the window to open it.

"Shit."

"Language." Tony opened the door, "C'mon let's go."

"To school?" Peter frowned.

"To the kitchen." Tony rolled his eyes.

Peter followed his father figure to the kitchen and leaned against the counters as he set a couple of cookies on a plate and passed them to Peter. He then handed him a glass of milk.

"Thank you?" Peter asked confused.

"Tell me why you skipped school." Tony leaned against the opposite counter to Peter so they could face each other.

"I just didn't really feel like going today." Peter took a bite of the cookie on his plate, "Sometimes everything on my plate just piles up and it's a lot. I was planning to stay home and crawl into bed and take a nap. That is until Friday informed me you were on your way home and had some questions for me—Questions I wasn't sure I wanted to answer..."

"Why didn't you come talk to me?" Tony took the other cookie from the plate.

Peter looked at the plate and got quiet.

"Nope. We're just talking. No one is in trouble." Tony reassured.

"I didn't want you to decided I was too much work. You told me this morning that you had an important meeting and you needed nothing to go wrong today. If I had told you I needed a break then you would have stayed home to keep an eye on me. That wouldn't be a problem right away, but somewhere down the line you would decide I'm a burden and I'm not worth the amount of work you have to put into this."

"It's interesting how your brain works." Tony opened the fridge to get himself a glass of milk, "So first things first—I would never choose a meeting over you, so you had that right. I would not; however, resent you for needing a day off. We all need days to just lay around and do nothing, Pete. You didn't lose the right to those days because I became your dad. I just need some communications so that when the school calls I don't look like a horrible parent." Tony shrugged.

"Dad?" Peter looked at him.

"Yeah?" Tony frowned.

"No, you called yourself my dad and then my parent..." Peter gave a nervous laugh.

"Oh." Tony smiled and gave a small shrug of his shoulders, "I've been trying those words on lately and I kind of like them."

Peter put down the cookies and milk and went forward to hug Tony. He rested his face against the white dress shirt he was wearing, "I kind of like them too."

"So better communication, kid?" Tony pulled back to look him in the eye.

"Okay."

"You wanted to crawl into bed so go ahead and do that, 'roos." Tony gave him a gentle push toward the hallway that held their bedrooms.

Peter paused, "Where are you going to be?"

Tony frowned, "I was going to head to my office and try and get on a meeting virtually unless you need me."