Book 7: The Battle of Zaofu

Start from the beginning

Kuvira: I knew you'd try a sneak attack. [Wide shot of the soldiers and the four on the pad of the former tent.]

Kuvira: You were afraid to step up and lead the Earth Kingdom when you had the chance. You were afraid to join me when I became the leader, and now, you're afraid of a fair fight.

Cut to Suyin, ready to fight, before cutting back to Kuvira as she walks away.

Kuvira: You've always been a coward. Take them!

As the two mecha tanks between which Kuvira walks shoot lightning at the intruders, the scene cuts to the exterior of Zaofu's many domes, followed by the square inside, where Ryu, Jinora, Opal, and Korra are talking to each other.

Jinora: Guys, you have to go stop Su before she does something terrible.

Opal: Stop her, we should be helping her.

Ryu: We have no idea where your mom is, or what her plan is. If we go charging into Kuvira's camp, we could get them all captured, or worse. All we can do now is wait.

Opal looks down in dismay. The speakers around Zaofu go on.

Kuvira: Attention citizens of Zaofu. Your leader, Su Beifong, attempted to attack me tonight while I slept, ignoring the terms of our truce. Luckily, I now have her and her assault team in custody.

Opal: No.

Kuvira: Rest assured that I will not take revenge on the peaceful citizens of Zaofu, unless your remaining representatives meet me outside the city at dawn to offer the full and unconditional surrender of your city. That is all.

As Kuvira's voice fades, Opal turns toward Korra, and Ryu furious.

Opal: Korra, Ryu, you can't let Kuvira get away with this! We have to go break out Mom and my brothers!

Jinora: You swore an oath of non-aggression when you became an airbender. You can't just attack Kuvira!

Ryu: Jinora, I never took the oath.

Jinora: But you still spared Zaheer's life. With or without the oath you still performed an airbender action.

Ryu: As much as i hate to say Jinora's right, but you took the oath Opal.

Opal: I don't care about the oath! I have to save my family!

Korra: No, Jinora is right. Your mom attacked the camp. Kuvira was just defending herself.

Opal: "Defending herself"? She was going to attack our city! I can't believe you're refusing to fight!

The doors of a house behind the group open and Meelo and Ikki emerge wearing nightclothes, having been woken by Kuvira's announcement.

Meelo: Why is that loudspeaker lady talking when I'm trying to sleep?

Baatar: Korra, what are we going to do?

Korra: Jinora, Ryu, and I will go talk to Kuvira at dawn, and, maybe, we can work something out. I promise, I'll do everything I can to keep the peace.

Opal: I'll go with you.

Ikki: We'll go, too.

Jinora: No! Dad told us to find Ryu and Korra, and we did. Now you need to stay safe.

Ikki: Come on! Let us help!

Korra: I can't risk anyone else being captured. You can stay with Baatar and Huan while I work things out with Kuvira.

Ryu looks towards Baatar, behind the two children.

Ryu: Make sure they get back to Tenzin if anything goes wrong.