Introduction

Hi hi! This is my first story, so please bear with me as I try to figure it out. I know the logistics and legal issues might be incorrect, but I promise we will soon return to the states, where legal things will be slightly smoother ;)

Beyond the borders was an extension of criminal minds, but I found it held a mainly negative outlook of other countries (and the way they solved cases). As international students who, like our characters grew up traveling and visiting a majority of the countries they did, I wanted to do a re-make while being more respectful to the countries/police force. As they are opening and accepting the FBI's help on their case. Therefore most, if not all, of the Beyond the borders cast is my imagination, but the normal cast is more based on them as themselves in their show.

I want to show the beauty and complexities of living abroad. Have the cast learn about other countries from locals and the people who live there (I am not a local but have close friends who are), not the internet and outdated information. All these ideas and this story do not directly reflect anyone or anything but my own imagination. Anyway, enough of this long-winded talk; let's begin...

Characters

Alyvia (Ali)
Age: 17
American

Background: She adores animals, loves to read & boxing. She scrapbooks, and carries her journal with her everywhere. While she enjoys the quiet she will always show up to a party or the club, loves and cares for her friends but above all never wants anyone to go through what she does. She has lived in Singapore for four years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Ali's Friend Group:

Indeela
Age: 17
Singaporean/Malaysian

Background: Doesn't attend TSS, they met at an art class they both went to. Indeela, goes to Bukit Panjang Government High School, she loves to draw and has impeccable style. Lived in Singapore for her whole life, and one day dreams of becoming an artist.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

In school friend group:

Nyoko
Japanese/American
Age: 17

Background: She loves to bake, and is always making sure everyone is fed. But also loves to go out and party with the group. She has lived in Singapore for four years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Sanjana
Indian
Age: 17

Background: Loves to hike, all things nature. She collects crystals, and dances every time she gets a chance. Enjoys spending her time at coffee shops, and when they go out is the mom of the group. She has lived in Singapore for four years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Zatana
Ethiopian
Age: 17

Background: Loves to be social, has friends everywhere, and knows everyone. She loves to meet and talk with new people, try new places to eat, and knows the best places to go out. She has lived in Singapore for three years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Faye
Swedish
Age: 17

Background: The singer of the group always sings to herself, loves to write music as well. Has performances and shows almost every weekend. She has lived in Singapore for seven years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Mei-hua (Mei)
Taiwanese
Age: 17

Background: She loves to travel, read, and hang around the pool. She's a beach lover, and will always be happy in a body of water. She has lived in Singapore for six years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Criminal minds:

Emily Prentiss

Spencer Reid

Derek Morgan

Jennifer "JJ" Jareau

Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner

Penelope Garcia

David Rossi

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Beyond borders:

Clara Seger

Matthew Simmons

Mae Jarvis

Jack Garrett

Russ Montgomery

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Set around season seven roughly, not exact. Specific trigger warnings will be at the start of each chapter. I hope you enjoy <3