Death And Despair.

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is Ace doing?!" Uta asks, scared. "Just go! Run!"

Ace unleashed his signature 'Fire Fist' attack at Akainu and the marine responded by throwing a magma enhanced punch. The outcome was obvious as Akainu's magma abilities surpasses Ace's fire which allows the marine to knock Ace aside. Ace is seen hissing in pain as he grips his arm. He's been burnt.

"Even though Ace is a logia, you can't forget that there are abilities that surpass others." Rayleigh said. "A battle between magma and fire, it's only natural that Akainu would overpower Ace."

Uta looks at Ace worried, but then notices the corner of the screen. Her eyes widen as Luffy is seen crouching on the ground, seemingly exhausted. Akainu turns his back and Uta knows what the Admiral is planning. Uta's heart begins to beat at an abnormal speed.

He's going to kill Luffy.

Akainu sets his fist ablaze and begins to walk towards Luffy.

Get out of the way, Luffy!

Uta begins to hyperventilate at the sight.

Somebody save him.

Akainu leaps into the air and time slows down for Uta.

Somebody, please save Luf...

Uta's wish has been granted and Ace's vivre card that is hidden inside Uta's headset is heard sizzling away.

"...Ace?" Uta whispers softly.

Everyone looks in horror at the sight. In order to save Luffy, Ace jumps in the way and stops Akainu's fist with his own body. However, the gruesome sight of Akainu's fist puncturing straight through Ace was a sight and shock was too much for Uta and she leaned to the side to throw up on the balcony. Akainu slowly pulls his fist out of Ace and the pirate falls forward and lands into Luffy's arms. Uta tries to breathe as she watches the Whitebeard Pirates and Jimbe tries to stop the Marine Admiral. Uta taps the side of her headset and she pulls out Ace's vivre card and tears begin to well up as she watches the piece of paper burn. Tears begin to well up and snot begins to drip from her nose.

Ace, you wouldn't die from that, would you? Uta asks herself as her hand shakes. You can't leave like this.

Uta watched as the vivre card burned away little by little and then it vanished.

"'Fire Fist' Ace has died!"

The crowd was in a panic at the brutality of Ace's death. Uta looks at her friend's body and notices Luffy screaming his lungs out. The diva could hardly take it and began to weep silently. Rayleigh looks away, unable to give any words of comfort. In her heart, Uta was well aware that this was a possible outcome, but she put so much faith into the pirates that she was ignorant of that possibility. Uta couldn't contain her sorrow and cried softly.

~

As you know, Luffy is quite the handful and someone like you will be perfect for when I'm gone.

~

...Luffy...

Uta stands up and wipes her tears away. She looks at the screen with a determined look.

"How...how's...Luffy?" Uta hiccups.

"Not good." Rayleigh said, trying to keep a level head. "At the very least, it looks like Jinbe is carrying him away."

"Ace is gone." Uta said, taking in deep breaths. "But, Luffy is still alive."

"You're right." Rayleigh said, adjusting his glasses.